Priceline Hotel: 4* Seattle (Downtown) Sheraton

WMU
By WMU,
in

Thanks for the quick response. My maximum is $80. If you think that is too low, I'll probably bid on a 2.5*.

I noticed on this site that someone got a 3* for about 2 weeks earlier for $65. Is there anything going on in Seattle during my time period that would cause the rates to be higher?

Something is happening in town which is causing rates to be higher than usual... it doesn't really matter what it is, but given that something is cuasing prices to be higher than usual, you have to adjust your bidding/expecations accordingly.

At the 3* level you have 5 re-bid zones avaiable. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

I'd try bidding as follows:

Select 3* Downtown...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $74, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $76, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $78, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80.

Any questions feel free to ask. If rejected post back and we'll suggest a strategy for the 2.5* level if you want to lower your star rating.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the help so far. I used the SavingsBarn link and free rebids to bid up to $70 for a 2.5* and was rejected even though I found an internet only rate of only $104 for a 2.5*. I'm a bit confused as to what to do now. Should I increase my limit or wait until later to bid? Does anyone have an idea of what price might be acceptable for a 3* and how much lower a 2.5* might be. Is a 2.5* generally a certain percentage off of a 3*?

I would think this is the thought process:

1) Raise your maximum bid - since your previous maximum bid was based upon an alternate booking available at $104 (which in reality is closer to $140)... can you raise your maximum bid?

2) Lower star rating - if your budget is firm, then would you consider lowering your minimum star rating

3) Is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option? I think there is a rate change during your stay (if i recall correctly from researching a few days ago)... would you consider changing hotels mid-stay to save money

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Due to an unusually busy schedule, I put this on the back burner for a while. I decided to split my bid and got a 4* (the Sheraton) for $95 for May 11-13. I'm still not sure what I'm going to do for May 9-11. I'm thinking of booking a room that I can cancel and trying a lower bid in a week or so.

I've learned a lot (free rebids, split-bidding, etc) from this site. Thanks!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]