Add me to the TOBB *banned* list!

MTmommy
By MTmommy,
in

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like many others here, I was banned for reasons that I cannot figure out. While Sheryl has some very valuable information to offer, banning people for absolutely no reason whatsoever is crazy.

Odd, but whatever. I don't think that I ran afoul of rules other than ones she makes up on the fly. When I tried to send an e-mail message to her inbox about being banned, I was informed that she is "ignoring me". I had heard that this woman was mercurial and occasionally childish, and now I have had the privilege of viewing the same upclose and personal.

Anyway, I hope that people here can offer some good insight into Priceline bidding!

Cheers, etc.

Hi,

I can't believe there are so many people out there like me :) I too was banned on TOBB in Feb 2005. She got pissed at me once because I posted a 'how-to' to get your normal frequent mileage points from the hotel when using PL. I also always used the PRICELINE link they used to have through EbayTravel that gave you free Paypal $$ instead of her website's link. The capper was she blew a gasket because I reported a new (previously unreported) hotel and wrote a lengthy detailed review, and had "the nerve" to ask her to move it to the review section since their "FAQ" was about as clear as Greek...she said she was "highly offended" and that she wasn't "my slave"; I called her rude and she deleted my post and banned me.

And just like others, now instead reading and contributing useful info the site (winning bids, hotel reviews, etc), I just "lurk" as a guest, reap the information benefits, and contribute nothing. She really taught me a lesson.

Also now I will begin using betterbidding first AND gladly contributing my PL failures/successes. Glad to be here :)

Oh by the way, the way I found out about this site was a few mentions on a thread on Slickdeals.net, which gives a "tip" for using PL. I just had to throw in my two cents (a few times) about Sheryl-couldn't resist. Lots of good things said about betterbidding. check it out

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=253736

here's another act of her bitchiness:

somebody posted an unhappy stay recently at the Nikki Bird that they think Priceline shouldn't call it a 2.5* hotel and it was just awful

so Sheryl replies:

"Thanks for the heads up.....It's unfortunate that it took this for you to start posting.....Will you start posting your bids at the time you obtain them?"

:)

here's another act of her bitchiness:

somebody posted an unhappy stay recently at the Nikki Bird that they think Priceline shouldn't call it a 2.5* hotel and it was just awful

so Sheryl replies:

"Thanks for the heads up.....It's unfortunate that it took this for you to start posting.....Will you start posting your bids at the time you obtain them?"

:)

I guess no good deed goes unpunished!!!

Well it's kinda like one poster earlier stated, comparing Sheryl's actions to that of the "Seinfeld" Soup ****. In my parting post on TOBB, I even threw that in. With her, you just can't win no matter how hard ya reasonably try...just the way it is.

Here was my parting shot to her, that got me banned (needless to say this post was removed immediately from TOBB, and got no response from her):

Wow, really friendly administrators we have here.

I take the time to notify this board of a new hotel not previously listed and then write a review of it, in order to benefit this board.., and then I get yelled at .I don't use this board very often and don't have never read a private message. I don't even know how to access private messages, just how to send them.

I don't even log in to TOBB unless I am making a post so there is no way for me to even know if I have a message, let alone access them. In the past you have simply responded to me on the message board.

As for the 'Slave' bit, that is a very offensive thing to say to me, as I am very sensitive to the use of that word.

As you are an administrator of this board, I don't know who else would be responsible for helping uneducated users...your attitude sure does not convey a sense of friendliness, helpfulness, or respect, maybe you need therapy or something. Try attempting to understand a situation before biting someone's head off next time.

In the past I have left over a dozen posts, notified of several new hotels and left several reviews which have been useful for this board.

Please go ahead and remove ALL posts ever made by ViolatorTX (be sure to look in SanAntonio hotels esp, in Summer 2003), including the new hotel and review I just left.

If this is the way people are treated however by the holier-than-thou, don't dare make me move a muscle board admin, however, I will never leave a post again.

I'm sure this message will be either edited or deleted before it ever makes the board. Try to get out a little more, for your own good. Maybe mix in a trip to etiquette school or a web-hosting seminar (could be a bit more user friendly).

I haven't been banned yet, but glad I found this board!!!! She's been so rude to one person recently who was obviously struggling to figure out that darn FAQ thing. When I was bidding in Jan. for a June stay (I know, I just couldn't wait to get that part done) she never responded to my request - another, nicer, person helped me along. I'll probably be banned as I just couldn't resist coming to that person's "rescue"

Thank goodness for this board!!

I have not been banned by TOBB and I am not on Sheryl's S*&T List, but...................................................

There is something wrong seriously with that woman. She is getting worse all the time and I have decided that she will no longer get one more dime of my money. I am a long time member and poster on her board, but her bullying behavior is escalating exponentially. I am tired of seeing the way she treats people and I don't care to support someone like that.

Sheryl doesn't seem to give one wit about "helping" people as she claims. She seems to care only about promoting herself through her board and ensuring that people use her links to generate $$$ for herself. And that's it -- period.

It used to be that she would simply ask people to use her link (which is perfectly fine in my book), but now she has gotten very aggressive about the whole thing and berates people when they don't use her link. She bans people left and right for (God knows what) perceived transgressions. And frankly, I have had it with her outrageous behavior.

That said her bullying ways are backfiring on her seriously. She has lost scores of good, faithful, customers, including me. From now on I will use her board for whatever information I can find, but will bid through the PRICELINE link posted on THIS board.

I want to give my $$$ to pleasant and nice people. NOT bullying, strictly self-serving, people like Ms. Mexic.

Sheryl, I know you read these postings and so let me say this: I am sick and tired of seeing the way you treat people!!!! I travel constantly and have used your link innumerable times, but no more. From now on, I will continue to use your board as a source of information, but will use the Savingsbarn links to place my bids.

Get yourself some help for your issues dear. We all have them and we all have the power to fix them. You will be a much happier (and wealthier) person if you do.

Cheers dear :) !

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I'm glad I found his site! I haven't been banned by the witch yet, mainly because I refrain from posting anything on her site. After seeing others get bullied and berated on her site, I'm looking for other alternatives. The woman obviously has some serious issues and only cares about making money off people bidding through the links on her site. I'll definitely start posting on this site, where the mods are civil. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well I got banned.

On a thread that's been running for the past month or so on that site about updates needed (because the admins over there have been absent) I suggested a specific update: removing the bidding assistance form because no one gets assistance anymore. My post lasted a good week at least (and may still be up there).

A few days ago on the Flyertalk.com messageboard (Travel bidding forum) someone referenced my TOBB post and said it was very amusing. Yesterday, I replied on the flyertalk messageboard that I was the one who had made the original TOBB post. Today I was banned from TOBB.

I guess I was a smart@ss, and others have been banned for much less, but I don't think I should have been banned. No biggie though, I've posted winning bids exclusively here since early 2005 and have used Savingsbarn for my bids for over a year also.

I am a newbie to Better Bidding, but not to Priceline. I have been using Priceline for over 3 years, probably close to 4 actually. I had always used TTOB for help, never posting but just checking out what others had bid for zones I was trying to get. Only recently did I join up. I had noticed that the amount of new posts had seriously dropped off since 2003, and alot of the info was very OLD. I guess now I know the reason why! :)

I am enjoying Better Bidding immensely. Great layout, helpful moderator, and the hotel maps are very very cool to use. thank your Better Bidding and honestly I just feel bad for Sheryl, she really is the one losing out, not us. Although I guess I haven't received any special emails for her, so I can't really talk.

BTW, she is not really answering posts on TTOB now, seems that personal issues are keeping her too busy. That is what lead me here initially. I needed help, so glad to have found it here.

I did post one winnign bid here but forgot to use the SavingsBarn link? will i be penalised if i do it again, i' m not asking in an accusing way, just curious.

thanks again and keep up the great work BB! :)

Right, no one gets penalized here. And if you forget or don't care to go through SavingsBarn, you can always help the upkeep of this board by making a PayPal contribution through the link at the top "Have You Been Helped Here". thereuare is too modest to solicit contributions, so we have to remind each other.

I just joined here today. This looks like a great board. I'm a member of TOBB too; I use both boards.

Speaking of TOBB, I noticed Sheryl is FINALLY back as of 8/31/06. I hope she's well and got the needed downtime. She says it will be awhile before she's back at full steam (no jokes, please - LOL). Personally, I'm really glad she's back. Say what you want but I was worried about her. The board was succeeding without her, but it just wasn't the same.

I hope both boards succeed. The better it is for all of us. :)

I just joined here today. This looks like a great board. I'm a member of TOBB too; I use both boards.

I hope both boards succeed. The better it is for all of us. :)

Welcome to BB!

While I agree there is room in this world for both boards, I would find it difficult to post winning Priceline bids to each since both venues rely on participants bidding through their affiliate links. To be a frequent poster on one board more or less requires (demands?) you bid through their affiliate link. On the other board, it subtly requests you bid through their links, however will welcome your winning bid results no matter what. I think it would be unfair to bid through TOBB's affiliate link 100% of the time (essential in order to be able to continue posting your winning results) then post to this board without ever contributing through it's channels of support.

So when push comes to shove, I will continue to post solely to this board for 3 reasons:

1. I patronize both Priceline and Hotwire. I want to be a member of a board that participates in both as well.

2. The availability and encouragement of open forum discussion on this board. And hats off to our moderator for keeping threads 'above board'. It proves open discussion can flourish without heavy handed censorship.

3. Mature and dignified treatment of the BB community by the moderator. In other words, basic application of the Golden Rule.

• 2 months later...

You can add me to the list of those who have been banned by TOBB.

Last June, my husband and I were looking for a hotel (I think) in Durham, NC. I had wanted to bid on a 4*, requested help, received a bidding strategy, and then at the last minute my husband said he wanted to go 3* instead to save some additional money. I didn't bother going back to Sheryl to ask for additional advice, but posted my winning bid on the 3* thinking that I was doing something that would be appreciated. Next thing I know -- zap! My account had been suspended. God forbid something would come up and I would have to change my plans!

I think I had also discovered BB at around the same time, so maybe it was a coincidence -- i.e. she saw my screenname at both places and decided she couldn't have anyone with split loyalties (FWIW, I had no idea I shouldn't be using the same screenname at both places. I was new to Sheryl's antics.)

Anyway, I'm a loyal BB supporter now. I love the site and have recommended it to many.

In particular, I like that it covers both Hotwire and PL, and for EasyClickTravel that it has the reverse lookup tool.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]