Add me to the TOBB *banned* list!

MTmommy
By MTmommy,
in

What amazes me is that she believes that if she bans you, you cannot get onto her board! There are so many anonymous browsers (shadowbrowers is a free one), that you don't NEED her to get onto the board.

Let's just keep posting here and keep this one growing.

not even anon browsers...if you have a normal carrier that changes ip addresses every week or so, than you can simply view just a little later, unlike when your trying to connect from your place of work who always have the same IP. It is a joke and she is just hurting herself in the long run.

The appoach of that website is just stupid,.."have you enabled the right to have the adminstrator email you?" it is just to say... bid through my links or you will be banned.. she just doesnt want people to see this. I will always bid through the links here because the admin is much nicer..as I did on the Entertainment Book earlier this month.. Class versus nastiness... Thereuare has it right!.. treat your people well and they will treat you well. I have a lot for respect for him/her!

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I've been banned now as well. My post was removed for something that was seen as a violation and I was told I could re-post with the "offending" (although legal and acceptable) info removed. I re-posted like I was told I could and now tonight I have been banned.

I never tried to hide my identity, my user name was rc408 on both boards. Maybe because I bid through the affiliates of Betterbidding.com rather than TOBB's.

I used the other board as a secondary backup resource so it's no big loss. Though I should be able to access the site as a lurker. The only ones really hurt by this are those that will not be able to see any of my won bids. It's too bad.

I'll end on a good note: Thank you Thereuare for running a profesional and couteous board that knows what this is all about, helping others get good travel deals!

Rick

• 4 weeks later...

I, too, feel bad for the TOBB users, since it is THEY, not the board owner, who have provided all of the historical data. It is THEIR efforts that have been (possibly) laid to waste in this debacle. I also feel bad for the newbies who DO need bidding assistance and who don't know (yet) about BB.

As for the board owner, maybe she will use this time off to ( a ) think about how she has treated people in the past; ( b ) remember who it is who provides the data that drives people to her site; and ( c ) maybe she will come back with a new, user-friendly attitude.

Then again, maybe gasoline prices will fall under $1.00 in time for my trip next week :) :) :o

I, too, feel bad for the TOBB users, since it is THEY, not the board owner, who have provided all of the historical data. It is THEIR efforts that have been (possibly) laid to waste in this debacle. I also feel bad for the newbies who DO need bidding assistance and who don't know (yet) about BB.

As for the board owner, maybe she will use this time off to ( a ) think about how she has treated people in the past; ( b ) remember who it is who provides the data that drives people to her site; and ( c ) maybe she will come back with a new, user-friendly attitude.

Then again, maybe gasoline prices will fall under $1.00 in time for my trip next week :) :) :o

Agreed all the way around. :)

I also feel bad for the newbies who DO need bidding assistance and who don't know (yet) about BB.

Which is why we continue to need everyone's help in continuing to spread the word about BetterBidding. :)

There has already been a fair amount of 'chatter' on other boards and users are being directed here as a result.

We welcome all of our newest members and those who have sent them here.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Well, I can't say I was officially banned...but I sure was getting close. My crime? After being a loyal poster for the past five years, purchasing items via their links to bid, I started using another link for my Priceline bidding. Each email from TOBB's staff got more stern. Who needs that? I took my ball and mitt and left that game!

AdGuy :)

She obviously does read this board. I used TOBB a few times. Found this one after I had started a question over there and it crashed. I posted my winning bid here and found it GREAT here. After things were up and running, a different moderator asked if I was succesful, I posted my win. Bam! :) I was banned without a reason or way to ask (she's ignoring my ezbox) Last I heard the web is a free country. My only offense was to post on a rival board. I'm over it, I don't need or want the attitude. Thanks to all here for the great board.

Add me to the Honor list as well. I was accused of not abiding by Priceline rules (we did not have 3 days and after i was rejected i had my wife bid with her profile, which is completely separate). OK, I still wish TOBB the best of luck, however from now on will post to this forum. I also was stupid enough to donate $10 to donate to TOBB toward the hosting fee before I was banned. How ironic....

Being one of the probably longest-still-active members of TOBB (my membership is dating back to the days when it still was a Yahoo!-Club) I today finally made it to the band of the banned as well. Seems like Sheryl has a real problem in taking some fire after giving out herself...

Immediate reason for being banned was the dispute here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=442789

Well...as I used TOBB for research only in the recent past it does not really matter to me much. I will just use an Anonymizer (there are countless free ones available) when accessing the site...

Greetings - Dirk

Bet you're not surprised, Dirk. I was following your thread from the first post (BTW, loved your comeback- very infomative, too). Figured it was just a matter of minutes before you would be banned. Oh well, their loss...

This country is based on free enterprize. I am free to "shop" at Macy's and Bloomingdales. One doesn't want my business, the other one will accept me and my checkbook with open arms. I prefer to do business where I'm treated well, fairly and with respect. :) Bad press is far more effective than good press, and in the business world, referrals are the cash cow. It will take some time, but I agree, the end is coming.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! So glad I found this thread! I was feeling so alone and ashamed after my experience on the TOBB!!! My offense was trying to use the Priceline UK site after my card was rejected on the US site (I live in Europe). I posted my results and went back to check later and the thread had been removed and I had a message from 'HER' in my EZInbox. I was severely chastised and told that she hoped I hadn't used them to gain information only to go and bid elsewhere. FIRST off, I didn't even know that Priceline UK was any different than the US site, isn't Priceline, Priceline? Whatever. AFter going back in forth, I asked if I had been banned, and 'SHE' replied that I was not banned, but my posts would be added after I posted a winning bid with an Amex card (she suggested I 'borrow' one from a friend!!) through their links.

Maybe she doesn't realize how rude and bitchy she comes across. I would cringe at her responses to people, especially newbies who really do not know the ropes and are BOUND to make stupid moves and ask questions that seem obvious! She was just BRUTAL at times and if it had been me receiving that reply, I would have started crying!!

I am glad I found this board, THEREUARE, you have made this experience so much nicer, and like other users who have posted, I will continue to bid through the Savingsbarn links to support this site and you!

So, anyway, just relieved that I wasn't the only ONE who found this site and that particular woman to be unbelievably cold and rude. I don't need it, and I am sure many other people will find their way here because of it.

AND I hope she does read these posts because she needs to know that her attitude and snippy remarks drive people away and more importantly, make people feel stupid and incompetent, which is NEVER ok, no matter how stressed and frustrated you may be.

So concludes my ranting and raving!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]