Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Los Angeles (Downtown) Hilton Checkers

Blujaay
By Blujaay,
in

Sorry i've been searching but i don't think i can be much help on this one :)

I will add though that the downtown property you're looking at does seem to be a great deal when compared to the prices of the other offerings.

Have you considered Priceline? I know 3* in the LAX area often go for the low $30's.

Let us know what you ultimately decide to do (even if it's not Priceline/Hotwire)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Re priceline: I tried downtown for 4* upto $100 but nothing was accepted. I tried 3* at the airport upto $75 but nothing was accepted.

It's the NBA all-star weekend, so I imagine that could be the reason why it is so busy.

It is for my parents, they arrive Feb 15 and depart Feb 17. So they need a hotel for 2 nights, but I found monday night is much less in cost than sunday night so I will bid them seperately. I am pretty sure I can find something in the $55-60 range for a 4* on Monday evening in Downtown.

I will most likely go for the 4.5* downtown at $88. I will tell you what hotel it is after it is accepted.

THANKS!

Actually i looked into that and the Spa still shows on the Hotel product, so they have eliminated it only for the hotel product (which i've said before only 'cheapens' the Hotwire name as consistancy is important when buying an opaque product).

Looks like another time that Hotwire has beaten Priceline! Still not the norm, but it's nice to see it happening more frequently as it shows that Hotwire is getting more competitive.

Thanks for giving it a shot and letting us know the results.

Good Luck with obtaining the other night you need.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]