Use of foreign credit cards

farangene
By farangene,
in

I have a Thai friend who I told about bidding on Hotwire/priceline. He is anxious to book a number of different hotel nights for a trip he is making to the US in a few months.

He found the first hotel he wants to use in Boston and tried to make a reservation using Hotwire When he tried to enter his billing information on the credit card detail page, there was a drop down menu showing country. Thailand is not included on the menu.

Looked thru the common questions on Hotwire and in this site and there is no apparent reason shown why all countries are not included. Some of the countries close to Thailand (malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Philippines) are shown, but not Thailand.

So the question is, if his billing country is not included on the drop down menu of countries, how can he book via hotwire??

Don't know if priceline*includes Thailand or not but will check it out also.

Thanks in advance for any information.

* I later checked priceline.com and they do not include Thailand, nor most countries (outside of US, Mexico, Canada and few others).

However I did find that priceline.com.HK (Hong Kong version of P/L) does include Thailand in the credit billing info. If I dont get any further info for Hotwire, I guess that P/L HK will be the way to go.

Could be for a number of reasons...

-high credit card fraud in a given region (and not expecting many customers to use the service from that area)

-governments that don't allow some aspect of the HOTWIRE service

-sellers of travel services may need to be registered in a given area and they chose not to register (or pay fee to do so)

Your friend can probaby bid Priceline US using the techniques in this Priceline Non-US thread.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]