Priceline Hotel: nothing yet

gsb
By gsb,
in

Since there doesn't appear to be any actual 4* properties in San Juan, you'd think your "included" Resort level in your 4* bid would bring up hotels. However, I've seen that there are many times when bidding a lower * level, an acceptable price at a higher level isn't giving a winning status. So I'd recommend the following:

Start a new bid. Select Resort only. I'd recommend starting at $75 or $80. If that's not accepted, add in 4* and go up another $5. If the 3* property is acceptable to you, then add that for a third try and go up another $5-10.

I have a feeling you're amount is right, just not in the form Priceline wants to see - namely Resort chosen specifically. I know it doesn't make sense... but then again we're talking computer programming (oops, I didn't say that!).

Good luck and please keep us posted!

I'll add that it is likely that there are actually 4 star hotels offered in San Juan, but at an extremely high priceline rate (one which is often MUCH higher than the priceline resort rate). As a result most bids in the 4* category are not high enough to earn the 4* hotel, but is high enough to get an acceptance at the resort level.

Regarding your particular situation, is there a convention in town or some other event? I show quite a few hotels sold out for that particular date, which would imply that you may have to make a higher than typical bid to be succuessful.

Have you booked a backup yet (if so, at what price)?

Let us know how you progress.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]