Priceline Hotel: 3* Boston (Downtown-Charlestown) Doubletree

funk
By funk,
in

First bid 48 than 55 than 60 than 65 and got the Doubletree inn downtown boston for 2/22/07 -2/23/07. Doubletree Inn was very nice, comfortable bed, clean,cookies, and friendly staff (parking sucks $36)

I just parked on the street and got a $25.00 ticket which I promptly threw away...

We then decided we wanted to stay until Sunday (2/25/07) rebid at $65 for 2/23 - 2/25 and got the Holiday Inn Government center =(. Horrible Horrible HOTEL. Right outside a fire department, and hospital... VERY LOUD. Parking is also $36.00. Beds are uncomfortable, and the hotel is under construction (drilling/hammering can be heard throughout the entire building from 8am in the morning - 8pm at night...you WILL WAKE UP) also they house local college kids so there was very loud music playing all hours of the night... water shuts off periodically all day and when it is working is cold! Check in is was also late...4p.m

I ended up raising a storm w/ the hotel and priceline (by the way priceline customer service SUCKS!! They sure save you money on hotels, but pray to god you never have to deal with their CS) after much to do I finally got the hotel and priceline to agree to a complete refund. Pricelines inital suggestion to me was to check out of the hotel (at 8p.m) and than go pay rack rate somewhere else in the city ($250.00 - $350.00). The bottom line is be wary if bidding for a 3* in downtown Boston! You could get screwed big time!

Please only post one win per thread so that we can keep the topic format for all reported wins on the board in the same format (and also other features of the board, such as our priceline maps work properly).

We'll use this thread to reflect your first win of the Doubletree... please start a NEW TOPIC to reflect your Holiday Inn Select results.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]