Hotwire Hotel: 4* Chicago (Mag Mile-Streeterville) Hard Rock Hotel Chicago

waters_10
By waters_10,
in

I'd like some help to identify a 3.5* hotel, Mag Mile-Streeterville.

Ammenities:

Fitness, Pool, rest, business, internet

Customer favorite

Comparing with the list of hotels on the sticky, it matches the Sheraton, except for internet access. But on their web site, it seems they added internet access, so I believe the sticky list is out of date. Can someone confirm?

Another perfect match, according to the sticky, is Wyndham. But going to tripadvisor, it seems that this hotel is now a 4* hotel. Does hotwire get the star rating from tripadvisor?

Anyway, I want to get the sheraton cause I need to go somewhere really close to that hotel, and I'd love to walk, if possible!

Any help? I'll book my room tonight so I'd love an answer before that. But I'll update with my findings either way.

Thanks!

What date(s) are you looking at?

If this could be the Sheraton or the Wyndham (both have been reported as 3.5* Hotwire hotels; both are 4* on Priceline), both hotels are literally about 4 blocks from one another. Personally, I think the Wyndham's the nicer of the two hotels - the Sheraton's more of a 3* (the public spaces are 4*, the rooms are 2.5*), in my humble opinion. Either way, I'd strongly recommend Fox and Obel cafe, which is at Illinois & McClurg, a block East of the Sheraton. There's also a large Dominicks grocery right there, good for snacks/meals.

Date is on the description, this Sunday 02/25.

I need to go to this address: 401 North Michigan Avenue.

Looking at the map, the Sheraton seems closer. It doesn't seem like a big difference, but I'll be walking with my wife and our 7 month son, so being closer is better than getting a better hotel right now. If end up with the Wyndham, it's not the end of the world, but I'd prefer the Sheraton.

The Inter-Continental also seems very close, but couldn't find an offer that matches the ammenities listed here.

Thanks for the help.

Well, I didn't book anything on that thread, but I did give an update here, if you're worried that I'm only consulting and not giving info. :)
We like everything thread to have a 'conclusion' to it (even if it is a "changed the dates" or "cancelled the trip")... the thread you refered to was for a different date than this unresolved thread.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We like everything thread to have a 'conclusion' to it (even if it is a "changed the dates" or "cancelled the trip")... the thread you refered to was for a different date than this unresolved thread.

Yes, one day difference, same trip, just shorter.

Anyway, any input? You've been very helpful on all kinds of threads. I believe I'll book my room tonight.

Thanks

I do see a 4* in the Mag Mile/Streeterville zone on HOTWIRE with the amenities fitness/business/restaurant/hi-speed internet for $94. That looks like it could possibly be the Conrad Hilton. *If* that's the Conrad, that would put you even closer than the Wyndham or Sheraton. The Conrad is above an upscale mall that's right on Michigan Ave. The mall's address is 520 N. Michigan Ave. On top of it, the Conrad would be a nicer hotel than either the Wyndham or the Sheraton.

I do see a 4* in the Mag Mile/Streeterville zone on HOTWIRE with the amenities fitness/business/restaurant/hi-speed internet for $94. That looks like it could possibly be the Conrad Hilton.

Yeah, I saw that and I went for that.

Unfortunately, it's not the Conrad. Price went down, $89 and I ended up with the Hard Rock Hotel Chicago, which, according to the sticky, it's a Chicago Loop hotel. So, an update might to the sticky might be necessary.

Oh well, I might have to drive instead of walk. We'll see.

Thanks for the help AaronJB.

Sorry to hear it wasn't the Conrad. The Hard Rock was a Loop hotel, but Hotwire must have recently changed/expanded the Mag Mile/Streeterville zone. The Hard Rock is still an easy walk to 401 Michigan Ave; the address of the Hard Rock is 230 North Michigan Ave. It's just on the other side of the river - only two blocks away. If you do not want to walk, you can take the 151 bus North on Michigan Ave. for the short trip, but I wouldn't drive, as Google maps puts the drive time at 2 minutes.

It's also in the historic Carbon/Carbide building.

http://www.ci.chi.il.us/Landmarks/C/CarbideCarbon.html

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]