Priceline Hotel: 3* St Louis (Downtown) Holiday Inn Select

rynodaddyo
By rynodaddyo,
in

New summer...new set of baseball stadiums. I learned alot last year in the hotel booking process, and I hope that I have eliminated the rookie mistakes. Thank you all in advance for the site and the help.

I would like a 4 star hotel in the downtown St. Louis zone for 3 nights from July 25th-July 28th. It looks like Priceline has St. Louis with 9 bidding zones, and only the downtown area has 4 * hotels which would give me 8 rebids for the 4 * downtown hotel choice I want.

If I was to book outright on Priceline for those dates it gives me the choice of 3-4* hotels. The Hyatt is listed at $204 a night; The Hilton is at $169 a night; and the Westin is listed at 279 a night. In checking last July's winning bids it show that the Renaissance was the winning hotel with bids between $57-$65.

I have plenty of time to bid, and having gone through the process last year....alot more patience. Thank you for all the help.

The Hyatt has been coming up the most on bid results lately (got it for myself in March for $47/night). Since you are looking only for 4*, I would start with $40 or so and then use the rebid zones to up that.

Recent 4* Downtown results:

3/14-3/19: $45/night

3/18: $47/night

1/29: $54/night

4/13-4/15: $51/night

All are Hyatt wins

I haven't seen a Renaissance Grand win since November 06. Checking July wins last year, they were nearly all in the $45-$60/night range (for both Hyatt & Renaissance Grand).

That is the information that I have found myself. Anything downtown would be fine, and I know that I can not compare last summer's prices with what winning bids on priceline might be this summer. I have plenty of rebids here as well as time. How should I start? Should I cut the rack rate in half and go in $3 increments?

You have eight re-bid zones when bidding 4* in St. Louis. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Downtown...

Bid $43, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $46, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $53, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $58, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $62, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $64

It may very well take more than the above, so please don't plan the rest of your trip based upon the above prices coming thru... but i would start with the above nonetheless in an attempt to see if you can pick any 'low hanging fruit'.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I did the bids as shown, and all were rejected. I would have been suprised if one would have been accepted, but I liked the idea of trying to catch the "low fruit". Plenty of time. My next round of bids where would you suggest that I start from using the same rebid format?

Id' give this a shot on the next round of bidding:

Select 4* Downtown...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $68, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $72, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $78, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $83, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85.

You could get even more re-bids out of this, but i'm guessing you don't want to bid up to your maximum at this point in time?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Tried the above srategy, and all were rejected. I will try again in a couple of days. Should my starting point be about $50 with the same increments? I will go to the St. Louis touism website to see if there are conventions in town which would alter my bidding process. Plenty of time with plenty of bids left.

Probably did this round of bidding a couple days early, but patience is not a virtue that I use often. Here is this set of bidding on a 4* hotel in the downtown zone of St. Louis.

Bid $48 rejected

Rebid $52 rejected

Rebid $56 rejected

Rebid $60 rejected

Rebid $64 rejected

Rebid $68 rejected

Rebid $72 rejected

Rebid $76 rejected

Rebid $79 rejected

I will wait awhile before I try again, and will look at the convention schedule in the meantime for conflicts during the time I am there.

Didn't seem like I was going to get a 4* hotel in the downtown area for under $100 a night. I decide to try a 3* hotel to keep the price down, and if I got a nicer hotel down the bidding line...then great. I might have overpaid, but I got the room for 50% under the internet special rate for the time I will be in St. Louis. Here is how it went.

Downtown zone....3 and 4 * hotels

Bid $50 rejected

Rebid $55 rejected

Rebid $60 rejected

Rebid $65 accepted

Check in: July 25th

Check out: July 28th

Holiday Inn Select Saint Louis

Downtown

811 North Ninth Street

Saint Louis, Missouri

Reviews seem mostly positive, and it is within 1 mile of everything we want to do.......Arch, baseball, brewery, etc. On to Chicago for 2 different stays, and then I am done until next year.

I did link to PRICELINE through SavingsBarn.com

Congratulations on your win and for getting this leg of your trip finalized.

Less than half price and within a mile of everything you want to see and do... sounds like a great deal that worked out very well for your needs.

Thanks for the update(s) as to your progress along the way and for using the pricleine links at SavingsBarn.com to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]