FL Orlando Best Western WDW

Diz
By Diz,
in

I stayed for 2 nights recently after receiving this hotel for $24/night on a PriceLine bid. After adding the $3.50/night resort fee, taxes and other PriceLine fees... total was closer to $35/night.

AMENITIES: Coffee, condiments, and coffee maker, hair dryer, safe, refrigerator, free local calls, iron and ironing board, 2-line phone for using computer

Good: Front Desk and Maintenance was very friendly and promptly responded to my requests.

Bad: Front Desk Timeshare sales person wanted too much personal info, even after I told her I was a FL resident and had an annual pass. So, unless she was selling a DVC timeshare tour for free tickets I was not interested. But, HAVE A NICE DAY!

Good: Room smelled clean, not moldy. I had plenty of clean towels, washclothes, etc..

Bad: Carpet had large stain near door. Bathroom ceiling had peeling paint over tub from painting over mildew. Light bulb was burned out on side table. *(Maintenance replaced.)

Good: Room included hair dryer and coffee maker.

Bad: GFI outlet for hair dryer and coffee maker was blown and would not reset. *(Maintenance replaced.)

Good: Room was on first floor and parking space was available just outside door.

Bad: Door latch was broken in half and had to be replaced by Maintenance.

Good: Front Desk man called to inquire after each incident if things had been repaired to my satisfaction.

Bad: Had to call Front Desk to unlock phone privledges after I had paid my $3.50/night resort fee which allowed free unlimited local calls and 1-800 calls. (*He tried to tell me WDW was long distance at first! LOL!)

Good: Comfort of bed, temperature of room, quality of color TV, water pressure and plenty of hot water! Also, excellent location for getting to WDW!

VERY GOOD: PRICE THROUGH PRICELINE! I would have cried if I had spent $70/night at this hotel!

• 1 year later...

NOTE: this property used to be the La Quinta Inn Lakeside

Solid 2*

clean, family friendly, pizzahut express/general store, breakfast buffet, bar with food, 3 heated pools, 2 kiddie pools, 2 playgrounds, mini golf, on busy HWY 192

you get what you pay for but it's a solid 2*, nice drape separating sink outside of bathroom from bedroom, small fridge, coffeemaker, much better in my opinion since Best Western has taken over

• 1 year later...

Stayed at Bester Western Lake Side over Thanksgiving

Good

- Location is fantastic, very close to Disney (off Disney wise that is)

- Room is clean and has most stuff for 2*

- Make sure you get first floor rooms, so you can park right outside (second floor is a pain)

- Good shuttle schedule (stop at all 4 Disney, US and Seaworld). If you think the schedule is too late for MGM/Epcot, just go to the earliest one (Animal Kingdom) and ride Disney shuttle to others.

- Has fridge in room and 25" TV

Bad

- Too many broken stuff in room, lights don't work

- My bedsheet feels moist, maybe it's the weather or AC

- Aggressive tipping on shuttle (big sign asks you to tip the driver)

Over all, great place to stay for Disney visits. Hwy 192 is excellent for food (better than I-Drive). You can get great values on meals at Ponderosa, most Chinese buffets, among others. Sizzlers has $3.99 breakfast buffet with 50 cents off coupon (how do they make money?) I recommend get full before and after you enter Disney park and eat little inside. If you eat inside Disney, turkey legs, place at Animal Kingdom (Africa) and Epcot country eatery are good values.

Almost every resturant has 10% off coupon (all buffets do), just look for small coupons books outside gift stores.

Lastly, save your Disney shopping at local Walmart, they have almost same stuff at 50% saving.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]