VA Northern VA Hyatt Fair Lakes Fairfax

jullian
By jullian,
in

Just wanted to update that my visit was great. The hotel was very nice. Spacious suites with a bar/chest of drawers/TV case separating the couch table area from the bed area. The TV swiveled so you could watch from the couch or in bed. The toiletries were very nice...white ginger. The front desk was extremely prompt and courteous. Wake up calls were done on time. Room service was surprisingly good. The bamboo basket dim sum appetizers had me craving more the next day. It was a super steal at $52/night. Other associates paid full price $189, and still felt it a good value at that. I had a very nice, quiet room away from Route 66 and didn't feel the least bit slighted at being a Priceline winner for the room.

• 1 year later...

Any Hyatt win on PL is a treat, and you will always be treated as a welcome guest. This property is HARD TO FIND even if you have a GPS, but it is near the Fair Lakes Mall and many shopping and dining opportunities. Restaurant, bar; free parking; exercise room 24H. Indoor pool / jacuzzi, hours vary from day to day (probably because of the silly Va. requirement that there has to be a lifeguard). Room service 6A-11P+$3+20%, nearby McDonalds 24H. Local TV+17 basic cable+HBO, PPV, wireless internet, toy internet. Was not charged $10 internet fee stated on login screen (I will double check my CC statement).

Architectural peeves: Light switch outside bathroom means you have to wake your SO to use it. Rubber curtains did poor job of blacking out room for this West Coast resident who hates being awakened by Eastern Time sunrise, bring your own gaffers' tape.

This property is 3.5* effective 9/22/08

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]