Priceline Hotel: Las Vegas Assistance Dave Mathews Concert 3-23-07, 3-24-07

jimmythemonkey
By jimmythemonkey,
in

Hello All,

I am trying to put together a suprise getaway for my husband and myself to Las Vegas for the Dave Mathews concert at the MGM on March 23 or March 24, 2007. I have only visited Las Vegas once a couple years ago and stayed at Treasure Island, so, I am not very familiar with the various hotel options available. I visited the MGM website and their standard rooms average approximately 250.00 within my time frame, so, I would like to find a more affordable yet nice hotel for approximately 100.00 per nite for 3 or 4 nites between 3-22-07 to approximately 3-27-07. I have not yet procured the concert tickets, so I am not certain if we will be attending the March 23rd or 24th show yet. My first question is:

1. Is it too early to begin bidding on Priceline hotels for my March dates

2. Can someone recommend a location/hotel to "aim" for (so to speak) that is a nice property for approximately 100.00 a nite.

3. If anyone has ever attended an event at the MGM and can shed some light on the best source to procure tickets or any advise on seat selection, it would be most appreciated.

4. Should I alternatively look into "package deals" which include hotel and flights (Funjet, etc.) or is it generally cheaper to book separately.

Thank you one and all for your input. I greatly enjoy this forum, Thereuare, and appreciate the help.

Sincerely,

Yvonne

There are too many 'unknown' variables to thoroughly research this stay (checkin, checkout, and length of stay are still all up in the air)

But here is is some generaly Vegas advice... weekend rates are ofter 2x-4x the price of midweek nites for the same room. Therefore, SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID is often a plausible option to get the best deal. As a result, it is often not advisable to book Thursday-Monday stays since this doesn't allow for an effective split. When your plans include a weekend, you typically want to either begin your stay on a Friday or end your stay on a Sunday (ie- so Friday-Tues is good, so is Friday-Sunday... but generally Thursday to Tuesday is not advisable)

I'd firm up your plans (and concert tix) first, but if you want a back-up you can reserve the Westin for ~$110/nite (Fri-Tues) or the Aladdin for ~$130/nite (again Fri-Tues)... then once your plans are finalized you can try to beat these rates. Both of these are cancellable up until a few days before your stay.

Let us know as your plans progress.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]