Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Baltimore (Airport BWI) Courtyard BWI

PDB_905
By PDB_905,
in

I'd like to get two hotel rooms via Priceline, checking in on the same day, but one room for just one night, and the other room for 5 nights. Obviously, I'd like them in the same hotel.

Is there a way to do this?

My alternative would be to just get one room for 5 nights via Priceline, and just get the other room for one night at whatever hotel they give me at whatever rate they want to charge me, which wouldn't really be so bad.

I don't want to end up with rooms at 2 different hotels, at least not in this case.

You have two options:

1) As you describe above, book the 5 nite stay and then purchase an additional nite directly thru the hotel. Some risks are that the hotel received is prohibitively expensive for the additional nite, sold-out for the individual nite, and/or requires a multi-nite stay (so doesn't allow the purchase of the individual nite)

2) Search on HOTWIRE for 1 room for 2/21-2/25 and then do a separate search for 2 rooms for 2/20-2/21. You can then see which hotels are offered for both searches (by matching the amenities and star rating). Risks here are that there could be more than one hotel with the same star rating and amenities or that when you go to make the second purchase the same hotel is no longer offered (at which point you could always buy the two rooms at the same hotel direct). I think both of these risks would be rare, but they are possible, so you need to be aware of it and weigh the risks accordingly.

Assuming your desire to make sure both rooms are at the same hotel is greater than your desire to not have to change hotels during your stay, if choosing the second route i think it's a bit 'safer' purchasing one room for 4 nites and then two rooms for 1 nite (and do them in that order).

I've done a preliminary search on HOTWIRE and at least three hotels appear for both searches, but i didn't know your desired star rating or budget so didn't pursue them further in trying to identify them.

If you do use Hotiwre please be sure to use our HOTWIRE link to begin each purchase (ie- use the previous link to make the first purchase, then return here and click the link again to begin the second purchase)

Let us know how it goes or if you have any thoughts/questions regarding the above.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

This got a little complicated, but it's done. Courtyard by Marriott BWI.

It's in relation to a visit to Johns Hopkins for a major surgery, accomodations for family etc., so more flexibility, fewer headaches was the key. Money not that much of an issue, but why not save money if possible? And I think we'll end up saving quite a bit.

After looking at Inner Harbor, it had to be taken into account the parking costs, which were generally a minimum of $20/day. No breaks for members, either.

I made over a dozen bids using re-bid zones for 3* in Inner Harbor, starting at $40 and going up to $59 with no success. Made some bids for 2.5* at about the same dollar amounts too, with no success.

Decided BWI zone would be a viable option. The hotels over there charge about $30 per week for parking. It's a little more of a drive to JH, but not too bad, especially if it's not rush hour.

Started with 3*, bid up to about $57 with re-bid zones, no go. Received an offer to increase my bid by $15 after my $55 bid, which I declined.

Started bidding 2.5* at $40 in $2 increments, finally hit at $48 for 2/21-2/25. Accepted. Courtyard by Marriott BWI.

Immediately went back in and bid $48 for 2 rooms for 2/25-2/27. Successful for the same hotel.

Immediately went back in and bid $48 for 2 rooms for 2/20 only. Successful for the same hotel.

Info for the first reservation, others were identical except for dates and number of rooms:

Your Offer Price: $48.00

Extend Your Stay

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 4

Subtotal: $192.00

Taxes & Service Fees:

$33.69

Total Charges*: $225.69

Lowest price I saw on Hotwire was for about $70. But I don't know Hotwire so well, so don't know if I could have done better there.

This will work quite well. This hotel will do nicely. And nice to have it done.

Congratulations on your win.

Glad to hear it all worked out well for you and your family... our best wishes that the surgery goes just as well and for a speedy recovery.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and for using the PRICELINE links at SavingsBarn.com for your bidding.

Good Luck!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]