Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Orlando (Disney Main Gate-Champions Gate) Best Western Lakeside

kilarney
By kilarney,
in

Got the Best Western Lakeside for $34/night for a week's stay beginning April 24th.

This will be my fourth time staying at this hotel - twice as a Sheraton Four Points and once as a La Quinta.

I really like the hotel. It's nothing terribly fancy, but it's got appeal nonetheless. The location is great, and the price is right.

Normally I'm a Priceline guy, but this zone has became too risky for 2* bidding. There is a HUGE difference between this hotel and some of the other hotels rated 2* by Priceline. I'd gladly pay a couple of bucks extra to make sure that I don't wind up in a Days Inn or Travelodge. I've got nothing against those places, but they just aren't in the same league. Fortunately, Hotwire lets you see the amenities.

For those on a budget, I was tempted by the Home Suite Home resort. It's the former Holiday Inn Nikki Bird. It changed hands in May of 2006. They rent rooms by the week, with one week being the minimum. A week is only $165 including taxes. The poor reviews scared me off, though. Supposedly, some people are living there by renting on a monthly basis. If you have some guts, and you are on a budget, it's worth checking out. I mention it here since it never popped up on any of the major travel sites.

As for the Best Wetern Lakeside... has anyone had any luck being upgraded to a garden or pool view room? I've always been facing the parking lot or the road at the rear of the property. Then again, I've never asked to be upgraded.

kilarney - Yes, it's a great catch. I have been thinking about this hotel. I'm arriving 2 days after you to Orlando. Best pre-paid rack rate is $60. I have never stayed there but I was there and looked at the place in October. And I have to say that it looks like a bargin for $34.

Enjoy you stay.

Henrik.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]