Priceline Hotel: Does anyone know what's going on in Anaheim?

mommystop
By mommystop,
in

I am about to try to start bidding on hotels for a Disneyland trip. However, when I am going to the Hyatt website, it's completely booked except for Suites. Also, many other hotels you typically get on Priceline are showing as no availability on Travelocity. If anyone knows what's going on that week, please let me know. We are flexible so might change the dates if we know something is coming up. When I search those dates on Hotwire, it comes back at $103. I am used to seeing them at more like $70 on Hotwire and getting them for $40-50 on Pricline. We are going up as a large family group and will probably be renting close to 10 rooms (I know I will have to break this up with Priceline or Hotwire). If anyone has any other suggestions, I would appreciate them. We are actually considering going to the two star properties and maybe using Easy Click instead. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem. I found on the Anaheim Convention Center website that there's "Golf Industry" convention happening from 2/22/07 through 2/24/07. I have a feeling that's what's accounting for the heigh room rates and general no vacancy at the top hotels.

I might end up changing my dates to the 19-21 instead of 21-23 and see how that works. I already changed them back to 20-22, but I'm still having no luck. I'm lucky that I'm living in San Diego.. my trip isn't dependent on taking a plane. :)

Also, if you are flexible on your dates, I noticed that as an overall trend, the week of Feb. 26 through the end of the month has significantly lower rates at the hotel websites than this week or next week. Unfortunately, I can't go that week. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]