Hotwire Hotel: 4* Hilton Head (Hilton Head Island) Westin

PinkRhombus
By PinkRhombus,
in

I am giddy :) to find this kind of price for that time of the year. I had been looking at past wins on this and another "site" for a bit to see what we might be getting into dollar wise. Previous wins were about twice our win amount...and much more. I had checked a week or two ago and the Hotwire rate was $100 higher.

The cheapest price on Westin's website was $249/night.

This is posted in the Hotwire forum of the board...

If you used HOTWIRE can you please add the amenities shown before your purchase. You can still view them by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

If you used priceline let us know and we'll move it to that section of the board.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hotel: The Westin Resort Hilton Head Island 4*

Zone: Hilton Head Island

Sub Zone: Hilton Head Island

Price: $64/night

Date: Sun 6/3 - Thur 6/7

Amenities: Resort, Beachfront, Oceanfront, Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, High-speed Internet Access, Golf Nearby, Tennis Nearby, Spa Services, Children's Activity Program

Westin's website was $249/night. Travelocity was $249. Expedia $459 (not kidding)

Bidding Strategy: I had been looking at recent winning bids and ones from the same time frame last year. A few minutes before buying this hotel, I bid $60/night on Priceline for the Resort category, which was turned down. Then I tried Hotwire, and it showed the $64/night.

It did say "Customer Favorite"

According to Westin's website...if you click on "Mandatory Fees", there is a $12 per night resort fee. I don't know if that is included or not. The Mandatory taxes are 10%.

I'm ignorant as to what Hotwire's take/fees is.

But this is the breakdown per my email receipt:

Hotel

1 room(s) @ $64.00 per night x 4 night(s) $256.00

Taxes, recovery charges, and fees $118.03

Hotel subtotal $374.03

Total $374.03

Some hotels may apply additional charges for incidental fees such as parking. Prices are in $USD.

I sure hope the resort fee is included at least that explains $48 of it. That still leaves $70.00 of taxes and fees on 256.00 in room. :)

If you look at other hotels for Hilton Head the taxes and fees are not nearly as high.

I'd just love to hear Hotwire Customer Service explain taxes and fees of 45%. :)

Still a great deal at $94 per night with tax during peak season. :o :)

Maybe that explains why your $60 bid on priceline didn't work.

i stayed here last easter and there are all sorts of add on fees and taxes - resort fee and beach tax are two that i recall - obviously with hotwire these were covered

i think the beach tax was $5+

i've just checked my booking for last year - we paid $414 with additional $116 in taxes (6 nights)

they do seem to have hiked the add on charges this year......

• 4 months later...

Ok. When we checked in, the front desk clerk said there was a $13 a day resort fee that included whatever, but mentioned it also included the shuttle to Shelter Cove.

BUT...upon checkout, they indicated there was nothing on the bill.

The room was good. View was awful (blocked by that Parrots Grill building), but overall it was an excellent stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]