Hotwire Hotel: 3* Newport (Goat Island-Newport-Newport Bech) Hotel Viking

Zenben
By Zenben,
in

For 2/10-2/11/07 hotwire is listing a 4* in Newport-Middletown-Jamestown for $78 with the following amenities: oceanfront, pool, business, golf, spa, fitness, restaurant, hi-speed internet, tennis. Could this be the Hyatt Regency, but they added more amenities? If so can't I get it cheaper through Priceline?

Thanks in advance for your help.

This a match for the Hyatt so that would be our best guess.

Priceline is usually a little cheaper than HOTWIRE, but with Hotwire you have a bit more ability to try to target a specific property... so it depends upon your needs for this particular stay.

If you take the above please use our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase. If you need help with a bidding strategy feel free to ask.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

very sorry about starting a new thread, I just thought since I'm discussing priceline now it should go on the priceline section.

My maxium bid would be cheaper then what I can get on hotwire. On Hotwire I can get a hotel for $78 + $15.48 in taxes= $93.48. I am new to pricline so I don't know if they charge tax or other fees. If so then my maxium bid would be something around $90 - taxes and fees.

Once again thanks for your help.

When bidding 3* in Newport you have two re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* Newport...

Bid $40, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $45, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Newport and re-bid zone2...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $55.

Start with the above and if rejected we'll revise for you to try again in 24 hours.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I followed your stragedy and I won the Viking for $50.

my exact steps were:

bidded 3* Newport for $40. rejected

added re-bid zone1...for $45. rejected

closed browser and re-accessed priceline

selected Newport and re-bid zone2 for Bid $50 and won.

I used the link at savingsbarn.com

Directly from the hotel it would have costed $110, that a lot of savings!

Thanks you so much for all your help. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]