Priceline Hotel: 3* Orlando (WDW) Radisson Celebration

curtis_palmer
By curtis_palmer,
in

Bids via savingsbarn.com over 3 days were rejected as follows for 3* WDW (avoiding downtown, maitland, MCO, and Universal):

- 1/23: 37, 39, 41, 43, 45, 47

- 1/24: 45, 51, 55, 57, 61, 65

- 1/25: 57, 67, 71, 75...

... and then "Congratulations, you got your price of $81 for a 3-star hotel room"

Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration (Disney World Vicinity)

2900 Parkway Boulevard

Kissimmee, Florida 34747

Check-In Date: Sat, Mar 17, 2007

Check-In Time: After 04:00 PM

Check-Out Date: Fri, Mar 23, 2007

Check-Out Time: 11:00 AM

Your Offer Price: $81.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 6

Subtotal: $486.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $76.99

Total Charges: $562.99

==>> Before anyone pipes in and tells me that I could've ended up at a resort for the same price if I'd only have waited until late February, please know that I needed to use up a $150 penalty from Priceline within 7 days for an earlier mistake (user error) on 1/21. I was also land-locked on these dates because this is our kids' spring break week. Also, a good number of the 3*'s are already fully booked for the week.

All in all, I'm happy with the results, even after factoring the $11/day "resort fee" (which seems all too typical in resorts and bigger hotels adjacent to WDW).

You saved over $50/nite vs. a conventional booking at this property so i don't think you need to defend your purchase at all :) You are happy with the results and that is what is important most of all.

Thanks for sharing your results with the board and for using the SB links to begin your bidding.

Have a great trip and enjoy the time with your family.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Curtis,

don't feel bad. 3rd week in March is a busy time at WDW with all the spring breakers coming. Not crazy like easter but very busy. One member has tried up to $120 for this week and the Hilton is allready sold out. So I don't think a resort for $80 will show up for this period. I might be wrong but I doubt it.

I would like to ask you about the 7 day "rule" you talk about. I also made a mistake with adding a wrong zone when bidding. But I only had to make a new try within 7 days for my remaining refound. And after that can I bid unlimited times until I get an accepted offer. You didn't get the message wrong from priceline?

Have great time chasing Mickey!

Henrik.

Henrik... that's not the way I read it at the time. Now that I've re-read it (cut/pasted below) I see your observation. I guess I was just blinded by the remaining cancellation fee and feeling giddy over the accomodating customer service rep. I've also included the response received this afternoon giving me confirmation of the cancellation fee refund (well, all but $25). Hopefully I won't have to go down this path again, but hopefully this clarification will help someone else should it happen to them. curtis

---------------

Dear priceline Customer,

We understand you inadvertently entered the incorrect information when submitting your recent Hotel Request. As a result, priceline has granted you an exception to our policy by canceling your current request. We have issued you a refund in the amount of $XXX.XX, which represents the total cost of your

reservation less a cancellation fee of $150.00. You must place a new Name Your Own Price

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]