Hotwire Hotel: 4* Hotel in Embarcadero Area for $166

CanadaGal
By CanadaGal,
in

Hi - I have just began to use PriceLine and Hotwire and need some help identifying a recent Hotwire find for a 4* Hotel in the Embarcadero Area for $166 (Jan 21-24, '07) that has the following amenities:

-Fitness Centre

-Business Centre

-Restaurant(s)

-High-Speed Internet Access

-Spa

The retail price indicated for this property is listed as $299, so $166/nite would net a 44% discount.

I am having a very difficult time finding any 4* deals under $200/nite for the dates listed above...and I do not feel confident enough to tackle PriceLine for this area at this time.

Any idea as to the possible name of this hotel? Thanks everyone!

HOTWIRE's vacation package can often be a big asset when trying to identify a hotel.

If you plug in SF for Jan 21-24 on their vacation package product, you'll see the Hilton Financial District is displaying the same amenities you're seeing in the hotel-only display. As the previous poster said, this hotel used to display a Laundry facility, but that amenity has also been dropped from the vacation package listing. So my guess is this is the Hilton Financial District. As to Hotwire's trying to convince you the rack rate is $299 for this hotel, if you go to the Hilton Financial website, you'll find these dates available for $209. Obviously, you can't place too much emphasis on what HOTWIRE is trying to convince you you're saving!

Good luck to you!

Thanks so much for the suggestions. I've never stayed at the Hilton Financial District and only read reviews about it on TripAdvisor. If the Hotwire rate was closer to $100 I'd be willing to give it a try. However, I don't think the Hilton FD is that great of a deal for $166, so have decided to pass.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]