Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (MTW) Sofitel

vash
By vash,
in

Hi,

Need some advice as to bidding for a 4* on the above dates. Have tried up to $135 in MTE, MTW, UM/CPS. Any zone is ok except Financial District (Midtown South would be last on the list, though) Budget is around $150 per night at the moment, but can increase it to $200 depending on what other hotels I get in Miami, Las Vegas and Los Angeles.

Cheers,

Darren

Based upon your other post... is your check-out date 6/24 or 6/25?

Please use the check-out date in your posts and not the last nite of your stay. If 6/24 is your check-out date, it doesn't seem that you have a place (based upon your other post requests) to sleep the nite of 6/24... or do you already have other plans for this nite?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm doubtful $150 will currently be enough. If you want to try, you have two re-bid zones.

Select 4* MTE...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* UM/CPS...

Select 4* MTE and MTW...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW and UM/CPS...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and MTW and UM/CPS...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

If the above is rejected and you then want to try for MTS...

Select 4* MTS...

Bid $125, if rejected add MTE...

Bid $130, if rejected add MTW...

Bid $135, if rejected add UM/CPS...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Rates are high this time of year (that's the price for typically great weather in NYC in June)... whether actual booking will come in less than expected (and rates will drop) or actual bookings come in better than expected (and rates go even higher) nobody can say or predict.

Rates do drop once July comes around... i forget the full details of your trip, but is there any chance at changing two destinations so that you arrive in NYC a bit later?

In looking for a cancellable back-up i didn't see anything that was lower than ~$300/nite. You do have plenty of time though, but if you're looking to get this taken care of soon, i think you're going to have to raise your bid closer to your maximum.

Don't really want to change plans at this stage - I'll pay whatever it takes - just don't want to pay over the odds. If that means $250 a night, then $250 it is. But since I've got time, I can afford to go up in stages...one thing I don't want to do is stay in a 3*, cause the last time I went to NY I stayed in one of those and it soured the whole experience.

FINALLY! I was beginning to think that I would be paying rack rates for NY during my stay...

Bid $200 MTW...rejected. (Bid up to $210 last night)

Bid $220 MTW...rejected.

Bid $230 MTW...rejected.

Bid $200 MTE...rejected. (Same again...just making sure from last night)

Bid $220 MTE...rejected.

Bid $230 MTE...rejected.

Bid $240 MTE...rejected.

Bid $250 MTW & UTC/CP...rejected.

Bid $260...accepted.

Got the Sofitel New York - extremely happy with this, as the listed rate on the hotel website is for these dates is $469...plus it's number one on tripadvisor, so it can't be that bad, yeah?

Probably could have got it cheaper if I had waited, but wasn't prepared to take the risk.

Cheers for the help, thereuare!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]