Priceline Hotel: 3* Vancouver Plaza 500 Hotel

mommc07
By mommc07,
in

To whom this may concern,

Hi. I've used priceline before and generally can obtain hotels that I'm targeting or that is acceptable to me. This time around I looked at the list for 3* hotels in Vancouver, BC area and didn't see a "Plaza 500 Hotel". I bid a 3* and ended us with this particular hotel. I usually end up in the west vancouver area that is acceptable to me but now here I am at Plaza 500 out in nowhere land with construction work right on this block. I read the reviews on tripadvison and everyone just didn't like this hotel. Can someone please update the hotel list for Vancouver, BC. Please, I never want to come up with this hotel again or this particular area. I'll stick with my 4* and be in the area where everything is pretty much walking distance or with beautiful views and close shopping and dining.

Thanks,

mommc07 :)

This property has not yet been reported on the board... maybe because some users use the board but don't report their wins :) (and then point the finger at the board for not updating it appropriately :) )

Please add the details of your win... price paid, zone, date(s) of your stay, previously rejected bids so that we can edit the topic title and add properly have a reference point for this property in the hotel list.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

3* Vancouver 500 Plaza Hotel, $60.. 1/8/08

First bid of $60 was accepted.

Plaza 500 Hotel 3*

Jan 8, 1 night

Plaza 500 Hotel 3-star

Remote control TV w/ premium channels Radio Alarm Clock Business services Telephone w/ voicemail Iron and ironing board Hairdryer 24 hour front desk Restaurant Room service

Check-In Date: Monday, January 8, 2007

Check-Out Date: Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Vancouver

500 West 12th Avenue

Vancouver, British Columbia V5Z 1M2

604-8731811

Check-In Date: Mon, Jan 8, 2007

Check-In Time: After 04:00 PM

Check-Out Date: Tue, Jan 9, 2007

Check-Out Time: 12:00 PM

Your Offer Price: $60.00 (US dollars)

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $60.00 (US dollars)

Taxes & Service Fees:

$17.27 (US dollars)

Total Charges: $77.27 (US dollars)

This hotel room (323) was quieter than the Coast Hotel and Suites, which turned out to be a nice surprise. No mildew or stench like I was dreading because of the reviews I read on tripadvisor. Overall our stay was nice, staff was friendly. My iron wasn't working and I requested a replacement at 6am in the morning and they brought it to me within 5 mins! Valet parking/overnight $15 canadian plus tax. The room was nicely decorated and the lobby is elegant, again nicer than Coast Hotel and Suites. The only problem is that there was construction on the whole side of the block by the hotel, it is kitty corner from the CITY HALL not convention center. Not at all west Vancouver, it's on the other side of Cambie Bridge, not walking distance to all the Robson shopping and Stanley Park. So if you don't mind driving to where you want to go around town and want a clean room then this isn't so bad. But for a few more dollars and some savvy bidding you can probably get something pretty close to this price range for a 4* in Vancouver.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]