Priceline Hotel: NYC-MTE,MTW,CPS 2* min one night 1/12/07

SteveinPhilly1
By SteveinPhilly1,
in

First off, I LOVE you guys (and ladies!). Now I again nedd some quick help.

I need clean room for one night for this Friday 1/12. I have a cancellable room for one at the Clarion at Park and 29th at rate of $101. plus tax which will be $114. But I need to be in the area from 42nd to 59th Sts. I Checked Hotwire and found a Midtown South (same as Clarion 2.5Star for $85. which would be $109. total.

Priceline fixed price in Midtown is $129 for 2* Quality Inn (No rooms available per Quality inn Site) and $158 for 3Star.

I'd like to bid for at aleast a 2 star on Priceline so that my total is not more than - say $120 (including fees and taxes). That would mean a max bid would be $90. or $91.).

My preference would be Midtown East, next would be Midtown West and then CP South as I got the Sheraton Manhattan last year for about $89. plus fees.

And Of course a 2.5 star would be okay.

I always bid though the system you suggest.

Can you help!

Steve

In NYC 2* and clean can be mutually exclusive... i dont' think i would bid for a 2* hotel in order to save a couple of dollars.

Stick with the Clarion (which we are an affiliate of :) ) if you're happy with that price... or for a similar price you can book the new Pod Hotel (formerly the Pickwick Arms) for $90/nite (for a private bath... shared bath is less) which is located on 51st St and may be more central to your desired location(s).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks! I checked out reviws on the Pod and it looks "interesting" and will be closer than Clarion (3032 blocks <g>). And I liked fact that you can cancel up to 2 days before. It's only for one night. One review mentioned hall noise but I requested a quiet room and we'll see what I get. And all rooms have PLASMA TVS!So I'm booked!

Thanks for the quick link to it!

Steve

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]