Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (USE) Westin St Francis

debjcline
By debjcline,
in

I haven't started bidding yet, but would like some help in regards to the weekend or 2/15/07 - 2/18/07

Looking for a friend who will be coming in town her two grown children. She would like to have 2 beds. I have read that some hotels in S.F., i.e. Westin USE, will only give you one bed. Will they give two beds if requested? Are there other hotels in USE or USW that want to give you just one bed? I am also going to suggest that she get a "preferred card" to what ever hotel she stays. Any other suggestions for increasing a possibiliy for a better room, etc.?

Also are S.F. hotels busy during presidents weekend? This one is close to Valentines day. Do a lot of people go into big cities like San Francisco around Valentines?

They will be coming in on Bart from the Oakland airport, so I thought it would be nice to have something close to the barts drop offs in downtown San Francisco?

I understand free rebid zones in San Francisco, and suggestions on where to stay, how to bid this stay or anything else?

I have tried to find the San Francisco hotel section that I have seen on this website. It's the one that has the bubbles that you click on to open the hotels location, etc. up, could someone help with providing this for me.

I have never used HOTWIRE, they are considering using it with a combined airfare & hotel. What if someone bid for a package hotel and airfare for one and she had her kids stay with her? Does this look like a good thing? Any other suggestions, I would appreciate the help. Thanks

USW - started bid at 68 - rejected

added CC bid 70 - rejected

added CH bid 72 - rejected

added SSF bid 74 - rejected

The highest I would like to pay is $100.

I see most bids accepted around $75.

I should I have bid this to get more bid options? Should I have closed the browser and opened it up several times? Would someone show me how that would look, if that is the case?

This is for 5 nights, would breaking the days up help?

Are hotels in San Francisco, busy during Presidents holiday weekend and also the weekend following Valentines Day?

I would appreciate any help. thanks

Due to the occupancy issue HOTWIRE may be a better choice as you can select triple occupancy and ensure enough sleeping accomodations for everyone.

If you'd like to bid you can do so as follows (after 24 hours from your last rejected bid):

You have three re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* USE...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $77, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* USW...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $77, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* USE and USW...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100.

Let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you thereuare for the help.

My friend decided that she just wants to stay only in the USW, so I would appreciate more help.

I understand the free rebid zones in San francisco, but what I don't understand is doing the permutations of the free rebid zones and if you can concretely show me how to do this I would appreciate it.

What I have done is bid (through Savings Barn):

USW (union square west) if rejected, I pick up an additional area in the zone like:

CC (civic center) then I bid and if rejected, I ADD:

CH (cathedral hill) I bid and if rejected, I ADD:

SSF (south San francisco) and bid

After I bid all of the 4 areas (including the 3 free rebids areas), I am done, if rejected.

I checked a response you gave to someone bidding in San Francisco (different area of the zone but it doesn't matter):

With your three re-bid zones you can try bidding as follows:

Select 4* USE...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $70, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* USE and re-bid zone2...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Select 4* USE and re-bid zone3...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* USE re-bid zone2 and re-bid zone3...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $100.

So as I understand the above; someone is able to bid 8 times in a session instead of 4 times

When I think I am trying this, I am having trouble. After the first 2 trys, I close browser and reopen, when I try to bid other areas of the zone, it tells me there are no *4 hotels in that area, so select again. So I don't get an additional rebidding. This is probably simple but I don't understand. Could you show me by mapping it out exactly the areas in my zone and how I would bid. Thanks

Select 4* USW...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $70, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* USW and re-bid zone2...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Select 4* USW and re-bid zone3...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* USW re-bid zone2 and re-bid zone3...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $100.

You can folow the above. After you close your browser, if you are selecting the USW zone (among the other re-bid zones) then you will be given the option of selecting a 4* property. I'm guessing you, for one reason or another, were not selecting the USW zone when you weren't being offer the option of bidding 4 stars.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks again thereuare for the help

For the USW:

I began bidding at $68 and I increased the bids by approximately $5 over the last few nights until I reached $117; all were rejected.

I decided to add USE. I began bidding at $75 and increased it every $5 until I reached $90 and was accepted.

Check-In Date: Thursday, February 15, 2007

Check-Out Date: Sunday, February 20, 2007

Hotel Name: The Westin ST. Francis

335 Powell St

San Francisco, CA 94102

(415) 397-7000

Your Offer Price: $90

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 5

Subtotal: $450

The notice from Priceline was sent to my friend email, so I dont' know what the tax is

I went through Savings Barn

I know you will change the heading to reflect this win and also change it from USW to USE.

I do have one question and that is: this is the one hotel that I have read tends to give you just one bed. Can my friend tell them that she needs 2 full size beds instead of one, because she will have her adult son. with her? Any suggestions on how to communicate this request. I also told her to join and get a Starwood preference card. Thanks

You can call the hotel and put in a request, but it is just a request and may or may not be honored. The hotel is within the terms of their (and your) priceline agreement if they are only able to give you room with one bed that can accomodate two people.

In addition to the Starwood prefernce card, it has also been suggested to get a Starwood America PRICELINE EXPRESS card which gives you higher status within the Starwood program. The card is free for the first year but is then $30/year thereafter (you can cancel at any time).

Thanks for using the PRICELINE links at SavingsBarn.com to begin the bidding.

• 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]