Priceline Hotel: Resort Ft Lauderdale (Hollywood) Westin Diplomat

yellowdog
By yellowdog,
in

Thanks for trying your bid(s) thru the PRICELINE links at SavingsBarn.com

To keep your bidding in perspective (and also make sure you don't overbid as you raise), HOTWIRE currently has a 3* (Sherton Yankee Trader??) available for $99/nite.

If you end up taking this please use any of the HOTWIRE links in this post.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...

Thanx for the response! I never got around to answer your post at the time. Just hours after your post the $99 hotel was gone. Ever since then a new $103 hotel has been listed. (The Bahia Mar has been reported to the board with those amenities) And I prefer another hotel. The might be "Yankee Trader" only shows if you're searching for two rooms for my dates for $122. I will ask for help if it comes back for a fair price. My girlfriend really likes the location off the Yankee Clipper and Trader. We have stayed there before and it's ok.

It's 3 months to our stay so I will keep trying with lower bidds and keep an eye on HW. Many hotels in that area has a lower rack rate after 4/14 (summer seasson). And The new Hilton is now up and running with very good rates comparing to the older hotels in the beach area. The new St. Regis is opening in March so my guess is that it shouldn't be any problem to get the Yankee Clipper or Trader for a fair price. But you never know.

Any thoughts?

Henrik.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tried $75 - $85 - $91 for 3* beach today but no dice. Started with savingsbarn.com

Rack rates for the 2 Sheraton's are $209 and $229. Current HW rate for one of the Sheraton's is $142. I really dont know if I'm favored to wait or not or go higher. I'm pretty sure that the rack rates won't be much lower untill my dates.

No, I never went with the Hilton, I found out that the parking is $27/night. I think that is so stupid in Fort Lauderdale. I understand that parking is expensive in NYC and S.F. etc. But $27 in Fort Lauderdale :)

I have made a backup at a Best Western with boards support links for my stay.

The saga ....

Henrik.

• 3 weeks later...

I tried $85 - $93 - $100 but no dice! Started with the boards savingsbarn.com link.

The board has a reported win for $95 close to my date with the same rack rate.

I was so sure that I should hit this for a good price. But I have been to big headed and cheap on this. I would really been favored to bid early for this leg.

I need some advice here.

The rack rate is $10 higher on the first night, saturday. The diffrence in price on HOTWIRE is $20 between the two nights. So I was thinking to try to hit it on sunday and then use the add a night. What do you think of that? I'm ready to gamble on this one.

Thanx in advance.

Henrik.

I gather you mean it's more important to not have to change hotels?

I was just about to outline a strategy when i noticed that it appears you're using two re-bid zones in your previous bidding, but technically there is only one re-bid zone available at the 3* level in this zone. Are you willing to take a risk of landing another zone besides the beach zone? (if so, which other zone are you willing to accept)

Also, if you could insure not changing hotels, how high would you be willing to bid? How high would you bid if you might have to change hotels?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'd bid as follows:

4/28-4/30

Select 3* Beach...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Beach and re-bid zone2...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

4/28-4/29

Select 3* Beach...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

(trying to score this more expensive date first i think increases your chances of getting the second nite thru the "add a nite" feature... and/or if not offered getting the balance of the stay thru HOTWIRE, for the less expensive nite)

4/29-4/30

Select 3* Beach...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $100.

All of the above can be done in the same session since when you change the dates it is treated as an entirely new bid.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Thanx for the advice! Sure, I should try to get the more expensive night first. I have been thinking backwards. Well, you live and learn.

I tried 105 - 110 - 115 -120 for 4/28-4/30 but no dice.

There is a new player on field for the single nights so I never tried that system. There is an upgrade on HOTWIRE (I will post this later) that reviles the price for two 3* on Priceline, great for us. And this upgraded hotel are in most cases cheaper then the Sheratons. So I passed on the single night system.

There is a new sub zone on HOTWIRE for Fort Lauderdale called Hollywood Beach. So I tried my luck for the PL Hollywood zone only today and got a FANTASTIC beachfornt hotel!!

I knewed about this hotel and has allways included Hollywood in my bidding for the Fort lauderdale Beach Area. But I never thought I would hit it this cheap.

I started my bidding with the boards SavingsBarn.com link

History: $95, got an offer to add $22, went $101 but no dice and got it on next bid for $105

Westin Diplomat Resort And Spa (Hollywood) (Resort)

3555 South Ocean Drive

Hollywood Beach, Florida 33019

954-602-6000

Check-In Date: Sat, Apr 28, 2007

Check-Out Date: Mon, Apr 30, 2007

Your Offer Price: $105.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 2

Subtotal: $210.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $34.10

Total Charges*: $244.10

Best rack rate on the Sheraton site is $395/night :) . My friend stayed here with his US girlfriend over x-mas and said it was fabolus but very expensive with food and drinks. I can't wait to tell him what I got it for :)

I'm verry happy to finally close this post and the outcome for this stay.

Henrik.

Can someone please assist me w/ this hotel (westin diplomat) I punched in ft lauderdale, and selected the hollywood zone, but there is no option to select anything higher than a 2 star zone.....

what is the process to bid for this hotel?

Thank you in advance for all of your help!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]