Priceline Hotel: Next closest area to Disneyland

The_Todd
By The_Todd,
in

I'm not too familiar with the Anaheim area and was wondering where the next shortest driving-time area to Disneyland is to add to my bid. I'm going on a Sunday-Monday and would not like to get stuck in traffic on Monday. Also, how would the area be crime-wise? My car got broken into recently and I'd not like it to happen again.

Thanks,

Todd

This is Southern California. Anywhere you go, you'll run into traffic.

I don't know the area to be considered knowledgeable, but have been there enough times to have an idea that the Costa Mesa-Irvine area is about 20-30 minutes driving along non-freeway roads. If you go north on Harbor Blvd., Euclid St. or Brookhurst St. from the 405, then you would turn onto Katella Avenue to get to Disneyland. You could also take the 55 north and connect on the 5 north, but the 5 is extremely busy.

If you are flying into LAX, then all you would have to do is to take the 405 southbound for about 40-60 minutes to get to Costa Mesa. John Wayne Airport (SNA) is 5-10 minutes away from most of the hotels in the Costa-Mesa zone.

Proud to be Canadian!

Thanks blkjck1 and thereuare, that information is really helpful.

I was really considering adding Costa Mesa-Irving as it didn't look to far on the map, but 20-30 minutes is something I'd rather not have to deal with if that is the case. Guess I will just have to fork out the crazy rates in Disneyland Area for that weekend it seems.

Thanks,

Todd

If rates are high you may also want to search EasyClickTravel as their business model is different from most online agencies and they may be able to offer rates that are more inline with 'typical demand' than higher than usual demand.

If not, priceline will probaby be your best bet.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]