Priceline Hotel: help me find deal: oakland 1/9; sf 1/10; san jose 1/11

fuzylogic
By fuzylogic,
in

Yes, i'd certainly be using a different approach...

First, have your expectations set when bidding for a 1* hotel... you are buying a hotel "sight unseen", so while you may be pleasantly surprised by what you get, you also need to be prepared for something less then 'desirable'. As well, while 1* hotels may be the least expensive, they don't always provide the best value. A 2* hotel may provide a lot more 'comfort' for only a few dollars more in cost... but not sure what is important to you.

Are you willing to accept a hotel in any of the (Oakland-East Bay) zones?

If so, what is your maximum bid?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Your maximum bid should be based upon the best available deal you could find elsewhere... so of course you have some sort of maximum. It would be silly to bid $60 if you could get a hotel direct reservation for $55.

Use our BetterChecker to help find the best deal you can find for the date(s) you need and then let us know your maximum bid based upon that best alternate deal you can find.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I can offer you advices for San Jose.

Since 1/11 is Thursday, you may not get my usuallyweekend deals, but worth trying. Beverly Heritage (Milpitas, 3*) may accept $36, Country Inn (Sunnvale, 2.5*, full breakfast buffet) may accept $41, Hilton(Santa Clara, 4*) for $45. Specify 2.5* if want to have these places. Extended StayAmerica will grab your offer if you specify 2*. ESA in Milpitas or South San Jose may take you in for $32. Stay away from ESA Santa Clara unless you are a train buff.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]