Hotwire Hotel: 3* Boston (Boston Common - Theatre District) Park Plaza

KatiesMom
By KatiesMom,
in

I'm coming to Boston for a convention for three nights 2/8-2/11. My company is booking a block of rooms at the Boston Park Plaza (the convention site) for $123 a night. Stayed there last year and they gave my husband and me a dreadful room (his feet were too long for the tiny bed)... while single people in our group were given nicer rooms with a king bed...go figure...

So I see on hotwire what appears to be the Hyatt Regency Boston for my dates for $109. My company will pick up the cost as it is virtually the same as the Park Plaza when you add in the fees.

I've read reviews on here and Trip Advisor. Sounds pretty good to me. I also have a Hyatt passport which doesn't get points on these stays but does usually get good treatment and upgrades if available.

Any thoughts on this or alternatives to consider?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

If that's the Hyatt Downtown it's absolutly great - a very 'real' 4* hotel - stayed in it last year but have heard it is still great upkeep...

Also, I got it on Priceline - 2 rooms and were given almost top floor rooms interconnecting as requested at the desk and they treated us v well even though we had done a priceline - no diff whatsoever!

Why don't you try priceline - 4* in downtown might get you Hyatt and you might get it for $70 plus - then again if the co. is paying you might not want to risk another 4*...

Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...

My college-aged daughter decided she wanted to come up on 2/10 to watch her mom receive a journalism award at the convention, so I decide to spring for a separate room for her at the Park Plaza so she can have some privacy.

To make sure I got the Park Plaza and not the Doubletree, I decided to book through HOTWIRE.

$90 + $16.35 tax= $106.35

Amenities: fitness, restaurant, business, hi-speed internet. Customer favorite.

I used the savings barn link to help out betterbidding.

Hope we all get nice rooms... fingers crossed!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]