Priceline Hotel: 3* Orange County (Disneyland) -- HELP

arizonagirl
By arizonagirl,
in

So I've been trying for the past week or so to bid on a Disneyland area hotel for the weekend of January 18-21 and I'm getting nowhere! I'm accustomed to getting a hotel in this area for the $45-60 range, but have gone all the way up to $75 to no avail.

So, a few equestions I guess:

1) Should I start branching out to other zones? Which zone is the most convenient to the park?

2) Should I try to split my bid? How should I split?

3) Should I raise my bid? I'm reluctant to go much higher for this area, but I checked Hotwire and it's Disney-area hotels range from $113/night to $269/night (!)

4) What the heck is going on in Anaheim that weekend?

Thanks in advance.

If you're going to SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID, i would bid the first nite and then the remaining two... but those last two nites look like they will cost you plenty!

Have you tried Quickbook and/or EasyClickTravel? Due to each of their business models you may be able to find something priced a bit under the rest of the market.

Not sure what is happening on this weekend, but whether to split your bid or look at a nearby zone depends upon your specific needs for this stay. If you'll have a car i'd be a bit more inclined to choose a nearby zone (assuming it was significantly cheaper), but of course, splitting may be better for you individual needs.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I decided to branch out to Costa Mesa-Irvine and bid up to $61 (starting at $45, in $3 increments, until the last bid, which was a $4 increase). Rejected.

I'm going to keep trying. I am thinking about splitting my bid, but I want to stay at the same place Thurs and Fri night, so I don't know how much good splitting would do.

I'll keep plugging away I guess and keep you posted.

Thanks.

Try to find out if the hotels are running some special rate for this convention. If they do, ask about the deadline for booking the convention rate. I guess your best chance to get a cheap room is when the hotels release the unsold rooms hold for the convention rate. If this is the problem in this case.

Good luck!

Henrik.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]