Hotwire Hotel: Question about Westin Kierland & Hotwire

hossmama
By hossmama,
in

My friends called to request bed preferences for an upcoming stay. The Westin Kierland told them that when booking through Hotwire, their only option is a king bed. They would prefer two double or two queens. Has anyone else stayed there on a Hotwire stay and gotten two beds? I told them they might want to become a Starwood Preferred Guest - maybe that would give them a little clout. I've stayed at Hyatts & Sheratons booked on priceline & Hotwire and have always had two beds if I requested them.

I don't know about this specific hotel, but the above is not unheard of... although it's not that common either.

Sometimes we hear stories such as this and users get quite upset about it, yet when they arrive they have no problem getting the bedding they wanted. Sometimes it's just the luck of the draw as to who answers the phone when you call, which check-in clerk you get, and essentially what kind of mood the manager is in that day!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I would give it one more try by phone.Try calling on another shift and if that dont work ask at check-in.You might also try calling Westins 800 number and giving that a try.I would join Starwoods program and setup a profile and when you call the 800 number ask to have your number added to the stay.I was also reading in the paper that starwood is testing a new express check-in here in the Phoenix area that lets you swipe a credit card and get your cards without even going to the desk.Call the hotel and see if they have that and ask a few questions about how it works.You might be able to pick your bedding on that.Good-luck

Even if they do have this policy, it's possible that for a fee they will allow an "upgrade" to two doubles. If a rollaway would solve the problem, that might be an option also. If your friend still gets an absolute "no", it might be worth asking if she could pay a small fee extra for two beds. If you look at the web site of the hotel, what is the price difference between the two types of bedding?

What's sort of odd is that some hotels charge more for a king bed, and other hotels charge more for two doubles. I guess it depends which type of bedding is most in demand in that particular area.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]