Hotwire Hotel: 4* Downtown New Orleans 12/28/06-1/1/07

Randomest
By Randomest,
in

Hotwire listed 4* with amenities matching the list for Intercontinental at $65/night, which it turned out to be. Fantastic deal! What a great way to celebrate my birthday.

Someone in Priceline section of this site found the same hotel for $55/night but not including New Year's Eve (12/28-12/31). I tried to get priceline accept similar prices for a range of dates including 12/31/06 and failed.

I need to find a hotel for 1/1/07 to 1/3/07 because I'm going to hopefully watch a certain bowl game (speaking of which, Michigan totally got robbed!), and Hotwire reports a $49 3* hotel which doesn't really match anything on the list- it matches Queen and Cresent's amenities except it has a restaurant. Any ideas?

-Randomest

Yeah, I presume the 4.5* is Le Pavillion. I was going to grab it, but if the 3* is something decent, I figure, why not save $60. But you know what? I'm just going to book the 4.5*. It's my birthday, damn it, and since it marks another decade, why not enjoy life? The only thing about Le Pavillion is that there is somewhat of a consensus on Tripadvisor that they hold their worst rooms for Priceline/Hotwire customers. Of course the worst rooms at Le Pavillion are likely still awesome. ( :

I'm still interested in the 3* hotel as an intellectual curiosity, though. If it turns out to be Park Plaza, that's not a BAD deal. It seems like a place that people either love or hate. I've never seen so many people have completely opposite experiences on tripadvisor for the same time period.

-J

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]