1st Anniversary Online Meetup

fly_up_front
By fly_up_front,
in

Hi everyone -

The BetterBidding first anniversary is Wednesday, January 28. The growth of this site and the media attention it has received in such a short time has really been something. Even more impressive is the respect members have for each other and the fact that everyone's opinion and input is valued.

In recognition (and to create a new "most ever users online" - it's been stuck at 64 too long), I propose everyone pop online for a few minutes at 8pm eastern time that day. Someone can start a Happy Anniversary thread and we can pay homage to our tireless and respectful administrator.

Lurkers welcome. I'll bring the champagne.

Excellent idea Fly_Up_Front.... but how about the theme being more of a birthday than an anniversary? :)

Don't know if we'll top the 'most users online' number or not, but whoever we get to show up will be enough for me.

I'll be sure to be there.

PS- and you're both very kind with your words are praise... thank you!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Trying to book my parents some cruises ... Travelocity has a great super-sale with rebates... yesterday, I was getting a round trip ... 11 nights from San Diego for $600. I dilly dallied and it is sold out.

Now, I am trying for the trans-Atlantic 14 nights ... which is only $600 but the damn airfare is $1300 ... twice the cruise. This requires a couple one ways...

BT turned me onto CruiseQuick which has the best prices i've found for cruises... but they're INTERNET ONLY! Not the place to ask about where you should go on your vacation, but a place to get a price once you know where you want to go. Prices are great, but only contact with them is thru email so you have to be comfortable with that (they usually reply w/n 2 hours time).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

BT, we have a relative to see in Charlotte (eldery and can't get around much) but if you have a casual but excellet 'local' place to eat that would be great... plus i'll take whatever 'must do' suggestions you have as maybe we'll have some time to ourselves in the evening/nite.

Next nite(s) will be visiting a friend in Raleigh/Durham (i realize it's a decent drive away) as we don't get to see his family and figure it would be an opportunity to accomplish both visits.

Hmm... good question!!

There have been a few....

-more work than i imagined

-quality of the community that we have been able to attract

-the incosistency of traffic... sometimes extremely busy, sometimes slow, with no ability to predict

... a few other idiosyncrasies but those are the major things.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]