Pool(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities

Tennis Nearby

3* Waikiki Central

$99

Near Beach

Laundry Facilities

Any ideas what these could be? Also, where would I find a good strategy to bid via priceline for Waikiki hotels? I would be happy with a 3* and would like to stay under $100 if I can.

Thanks in advance.

You only have one re-bid zones available when bidding 3* in Oahu. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* Beach...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* City...

Bid $60, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Marina...

Select 3* Beach and City...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Beach and Marina...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Beach and City and Marina...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Ok, here is how I bid.......

Select 3* Beach...

Bid $55, Rejected

Bid $58 adding Ihilani, Rejected

Bid $60, adding Airport, Rejected

Select 3* City...

Bid $55, Rejected

Select 3* Marina...

Bid $55, Rejected

Select 3* Beach and City...

Bid $65, Rejected

Bid $68 adding Ihilani, Rejected

Bid $70, adding Airport, Rejected

Bid $65, Rejected

Select 3* City and Marina...

Bid $65, Rejected

Select 3* Beach and City and Marina...

Bid $75, Rejected

Bid $78 adding Ihilani, Rejected

Bid $80, adding Airport, Rejected

So I got nothing. :)

Well, you have plenty of time to consider your options. I think Hotwire rates somewhat higher than Priceline on a lot of properties, so price/value comparisons can be difficult. Also subjective. You might be successful with 2* or 2.5* at 80 or so, though I would expect 100 or more for 3* on PL, depending on the hotels that are participating. Not a lot gets reported at 3* level for Hawaii. Sheraton Princess Kaiulani has web rate of 160 for your date, so use that as a guideline. If you see something on HOTWIRE that looks good, and the price is right, I would just book it. Or check out some websites like Outrigger and Ohana for comparisons. Since you will have a rental car, look at parking availability and cost--that might be a greater consideration than the hotel cost. Some hotels are hard to get in and out of, and very tight parking spaces.

The 3* Waikiki Beachside is a match for the Park Shore, the 3.5* Waikiki Central is a match for the Outrigger Luana Waikiki, so that would be our best guess for each. The 3* in Waikiki Centrla has not yet been identified, and not enough to go on to take an educated guess (ok, if i had to guess, the ResortQuest Waikiki Beachside Hotel, but no confidence in it).

Please use this HOTWIRE link if you should book any of the above.

I'd sooner raise my Priceline bid by $5 on the next round of bidding... if still unsuccessful give it a few weeks and try again, still plenty of time.

Don't forget to put "the shrimp trucks" and "motsumoto's" on your ThingsToDo list when you circle Oahu. :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

These sound like Ohana, maybe an Outrigger. From what I have read--compare the hotels available to packages available for the same dates, and you will probably figure them out. Do you have any mileage you can use? Check Tripadvisor for recent reviews of these places. I think PL would rate these 2*-2.5* which is fine, if you are comfortable with that. To do a circle island trip and just have a place to crash--really who cares?!

The drive will be everything! A lot of fun to cut through the pineapple fields and end up at the North Shore--(Kua Aina for burgers, HOPE they have avocodo, WITH grilled onions and cheese--also get the fries!).

Matsumoto for Shave Ice (Lilikoi with vanilla ice cream--don't be a tourist). So, check out Surf 'n Sea and Strong Current, maybe the Turtle Bay Resort, Jamison's at Sunset is great, but so is Halekulani at House Without a Key. Anyway, the drive down the windward coast is great (reverse also) and see the amazing beach at Kailua. You can eat at Buzz's (killer maitais--seriously they limit you), or get an incredible plate lunch at Fat Boy's.

BTW--if you are headed to Kauai--Aloha Diner can't be beat. (food is 'ONO!).

First, I think Thereuare is right about Park Shore and Luana. (Park Shore is renovating).

How long will it take to make a circle-island tour? No such thing as a short stop. You are on island time. So enjoy.

Shrimp trucks have a long tradition. There was a shack some time ago that was incredible. (you had to order shrimp heads off.) The shack was something else in its day. The trucks are ok--check recent info, though--RECENT not a couple of years ago. Personally, the burgers are IT for me, but if they have Teri Chicken, that's pretty darn good, too.

Princeville at sunset is gorgeous. The hotel has excellent maitais, and the sunset over Bali Hai--well, take a picture.

Alright, so it looks like my best bet will be to wait for a bit and then try again using Priceline. If I still can't get anything there, I can go for the Hotwire hotels.

Thanks again guys, and thereuare, thanks also for helping me with the LAX hotel for the night before. I'm still working on that one as well. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]