Priceline Hotel: Los Angeles Bidding Question

tufty2000
By tufty2000,
in

I see most of the posts on this board are about already winning bids, but mine is a pre-bidding question. I'm going to Pasadena for the Rose Bowl, and hoping that my Wolverines prove they belonged in Glendale.

I'm hoping for a 4 star, if possible, since I would like a good fitness center, a bar/restaurant and hopefully WIFI (I know that's not guaranteed in 4 stay), and I would also like to be within reasonable driving distance of Pasadena (30-45 minutes is fine). Beyond that, I'm just looking for a good deal.

Any recommendations about whether to bid in Beverly Hills, downtown, Santa Monica/Marina Del Rey or even the airport (it's never occurred to me to want to stay by an airport but I see a number of people on this board have done that) in terms of location and price would be appreciated. The greatest concentrations of hotels appear to be in downtown, Beverly Hills and the airport, and so I would assume that there would a greater chance of a successful bid there. Any advice about what zones and how much to bid (given it's around New Year's) would be greatly appreciated.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]