Priceline Hotel: San Diego Gaslamp district

abseeya
By abseeya,
in

Complete newbie!!!

We will be in San Diego Jan 2 - 5 and would like to stay in the Gaslamp district for the 3 nights. 4* property and would like to stay under $100. A couple specifics:

1. we will have a car and it appears that parking is not a sure thing [i.e. we may be faced with parking fees], not sure how to work around this as some posts have indicated that they had parking included.

2. Based on my research on the hotels rated 4* in the district I would like to try to get our room at the Omni. I've read on here that with priceline this is not easy to do - average accepted bids seem to be around the $90 mark for this hotel, not sure what the pricing is on hotwire.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance...

This is a great site, you have all done an amazing job.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

No priceline rates include parking and i don't recall any references to such. Perhaps users were posting if there was no charge for parking? If the hotel charges for parking then that would be a charge/fee in addition to your bid... if the hotel offers free parking then naturally you would be 'entitled' to park at no fee as well.

You can not target the Omni. If you would prefer that hotel you should probably do a HOTWIRE search and see if that property (baed upon matching the amenities and star rating... but note that there is another hotel in the zone with the same exact amenities and star rating as the Omni, so you will still be uncertain if that is the hotel you will recieve) is offered for your date.

Lastly, if you choose to try on priceline, the gaslamp quarter is part of the (Downtown-Harbor Island) zone, which is larger than the Gaslamp Quater area... so you coudl get a hotel that is within the Downtown/Harbor Island area but not part of the Gaslamp Quarter. If you only want the Gaslamp Quater, you may want to search on HOTWIRE (even if the possiblity of the Omni isn't offered) since they have a "gaslamp quarter" zone which is smaller than priceline's zone (take a look at HOTWIRE and look at the zone yourself), and see if it will ensure you're in an area you want to be.

Let us know your thoughts/comments on the above and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Travelzoo has a really good deal up for the Omni. I recently stayed down there and if you park in the parking garage right next to the Omni it's a lot cheaper than the valet. Also on the weekends parking isn't enforced so you can park on the street. Just make sure to read the signs carefully. Funny thing about the parking garage by the Omni. It says the fee for a lost ticket is less than the maximum they can charge you. I asked the guy when I was leaving if it would of been better for me to loose my parking ticket. He just smiled and said "I guess it would".... interesting.

So the Omni doesn't have all they dates you want but maybe you can split up your stay.

The Omni really is the nicest hotel I've stayed in down there, by far the nicest! :)

Best

here's the travelzoo link

http://hotels.travelzoo.com/california-hotels/272950

QED

Please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links when you are ready to book.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]