Priceline Hotel: Resort Big Island (Waikoloa-Kohala Coast) Hapuna Beach Prince

UAB Blazer
By UAB Blazer,
in

Multiple bids over several days. Used Hilo as the rebidding zone.

$169 rejected

$179 rejected

$189 rejected

$199 rejected

$209 ACCEPTED

Priceline had a non-opaque special rate for the nights I bidded for $267 +taxes and fees.

I'll be on the Big Island for the whole week, but that hotel looks booked up for the rest of the days for now. I think I got a spectacular deal since the Mauna Kea is closed indefinately for repairs beginning 12/1. All the reservations from the Mauna Kea transferred over to the Hapuna Beach Hotel. Some say that these hotels sit on one of the best beaches in the world.

Now I'll be on the lookout for good deals on hotels for the rest of the stay 3/18-3/23 (probably in Kona) and a cheap rental car for the week.

I hate to see Big Island resorts go over $200 (in 2005, I got the Hilton Waikoloa around Easter for $135), but I don't think there are a lot of great alternatives these days -- other than patience, as we do ocassionally see the "cheaper" resorts on the Big Island drop to 2005 prices. Hotel frequent stay points and timeshare promos start looking attractive to me when the alternative is to pay more than $200. As does the alternative of staying at smaller properties. I also don't like "non-refundability" at that price level. But if you want a fancy resort and don't want to or can't do the frequent stay/timeshare offers, this is better than the alternatives.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]