A little help please...

vash
By vash,
in

Hi everyone,

A friend and I are coming to visit your fair land in June/July next year from Australia...visiting the following locations:

Los Angeles - 5 nights

Anaheim - 3 nights

Miami - 7 nights

New York - 5 nights

Las Vegas - 5 nights

Prepared to pay up to $150 US per night for a room in each location (of course, if I get a hotel for $90, then the other $60 could go toward upgrading the New York hotel etc). Let me know if I should be prepared to spend more...

Also need flights between all these cities if possible.

We don't have the flights booked yet from Australia (want to get a deal so we can stopover in Asia on the way there and back), but our plans are definite. Is it best to start bidding now? If so, can someone give me a hand since I've never done it before (though I'd like to think I understand how it works :)).

Thanks in advance,

Darren

As far as when to bid, see the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

At first glance i woudl think that your budget is acceptable, although you don't say which zones within each region you're looking to stay or the minimum star rating you're willing to accept.

To assist with bidding we'll need to know the actual dates of each stay, and the risk of doing this before you have your airline tickets is what if you win a non-refundable hotel but then good rates on airfare don't appear for the dates you are now committed to in each city.

Once you know the dates for each city and are ready to commit, start a NEW TOPIC in each corresponding state category on the board and we'll suggest a strategy to follow (start with 2-3 of the stays above and then we'll move onto the remaining stays).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 months later...

Anaheim and Las Vegas, I would think you could get a good 3 star for a pretty good price.

Los Angeles, it would vary for a 3 star, especially if you have to pay for parking.

Miami, will vary to be kind of high in price for a 3 star.

New York City, Can be very high, and the location can be dangerous (dangerous, as in how far from the airport you would be, not nessicarily neighborhood).

Just some ideas for you.:)

~JS

Jason's Storm- Making one killer deal after another. With something other than a machete to the head.

From the ashes of Friday the 13th Forum, rises Friday the 13th: The Community. A new beginning has arrived.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]