Priceline Hotel: Waikiki 3* or 4* 12/19/06-12/27/06

Dina
By Dina,
in

I'm sorry if this is a repeating topic. I was trying to bid for an entire period and went up to $75 for 4*and $45 for 3* in Waikiki beach, city central and Honolulu airport area. there are no 3* and 4* near the airport, so it wasn't risky. wasn't succesful though.

I have a back up reservation in Aqua Aloha Surf for $99 per night, so bidding more than 70-80 for 3* doesn't make sense.

I wonder if splitting bids for those dates will help? Or any other strategies?

Thank you for your responses :)

Dina, I checked HOTWIRE for your dates and saw a range of 165-229 for 4* there. Pretty sure the 165 is Hawaii Prince--if so, you might get it for 140 or so through PL. I don't think 70-80 is realistic for 3* either. Of course, with a backup you can bid and see. If you are happy with your reservation, you should stick with it. Check Tripadvisor for reviews. Enjoy your trip!

kohalasunset! Thank you!

I'd like to get a 4* hotel for this price, but I definitely wouldn't spend this much. After Honolulu we're planning to go to New York for New Year's, which is pricey.

I tried to bid up to 72 today for 3* in Waikiki central and beach area. nothing again :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]