DC Holiday Inn on the Hill Convention Center

nilkaya
By nilkaya,
in

We stayed at Holiday Inn on the Hill for three nights. The decor of the hotel was modern - nice modern chairs and a blue screen in the lobby. The rooms, though a little bit small, were nicely decorated. Modern paintings decorated the walls. Even the bathroom had a modern ambiance with brown striped wallpaper and modern faucets. The beds were nothing special and there was no minibar or refrigerator in our room. We definitely had a priceline room as the view of our second floor room was obstructed by a huge heating and cooling system. Even with no obstruction there was no view but windows of the hotel and a nearby building. Our parents stayed on the fourth floor and their room was looking to the New Jersey Avenue. However, our request of a King-size bed was turned down citing no available rooms.

Although house-keepers were very friendly, the receptionists needed training in customer service. One time when I was talking to a receptionist she totally ignored me and listened to another customer's conversation with another receptionist. When we were checking out I was asked whether I wanted to pay the pay-per-view movie with my Master Card. I was suprised as we did not watch any pay-per-view movies in our room. When I further inquired she said we watched Ice Age at 4:45. I told her we were not in the hotel at that time. While waiting for the manager I rechecked my credit cards and noticed that I only had Visa cards with me. When I told her that she rudely told me that she didn't tell me it was a Master Card. Finally, she rechecked our records and I noticed that she was looking at the records of room 225, instead of room 235. If only she greeted me with my name recorded in the computer system this confusion would not happen.

As there were no nearby restaurants one night we ate dinner at the Ambassador's restaurant which is located near the entrance of the hotel. The food was good, and the prices were not bad. My father-in-law was pleased that he could follow the football games while eating his supper.

This hotel was across Hyatt Regency and near Hotel George and parking in this area seems more expensive than other parts of DC. Hotel parking was $30 a night. Off street parking was $26 a night.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]