Priceline Hotel: Bidding Assistance for 2/13-16/04

steve007007007007
By steve007007007007,
in

Are you aware that this is the beginning of Mardi Gras? (i only learned this after seeing above average rates)

Bidding at the 4* level you have FQ, CBD, and 4 re-bid zones for a total of 6 bids. This is how i would proceed:

Select 4* and CBD...

Bid $60, if rejected add FQ and...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

If the above is rejected, i'd consider what appears to be the Hotel Monaco thru Hotwire for ~$105. I typically won't bid Boutique hotels simply because they're usually small and independent properties, but this one gets excellent REVIEWS and is mentioned as having a good location. I would take the risk that this is the one that Hotwire is offering but be sure to match up the star rating and amenities to what's in the HOTWIRE HOTEL LIST.

Feel free to ask any questions regarding the above or ask for further info if the amounts presented are above your desired bidding limit.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Well personally, based upon my comments above of my impression of the 'typical' boutique property, i wouldn't bid for Boutique on priceline for fear of getting a different Boutique property. Sure it's true that there are no guarantees on Hotwire either, but at least there is a bit more of an educated guess.

Then there are other issues... it's still undetermined if a Boutique can be upgraded to a 4* property... Priceline says it can be but we've never seen it.

If i were in your shoes and you're more favorable on taking the chance with Hotwire assuming that it's the Monaco, i would think about how much 'extra' that specific property is worth. Only you can determine how much more it's worth to you, but i guess what i'm trying to say is that most would sooner take a 4* at $50 than the Monaco at $100 (i'm making it an obvious choice for example purpose... i'm not suggesting you'd likely be successful at $50). So maybe you bid on Priceline for a 4* up to $75 ($80?, $85?) and if not successful than take the Hotwire selection (because from what i'm gathering you'd prefer the Hotwire Boutique at $100 than a Priceline 4* at $90).

If that's the case, i'd follow the same strategy above but change the bid amounts to $60, $65, $70, $73, $76, $80 (you can adjust the last 3 bids to fit your maximum bid based upon the Boutique's 'worth' to you)... and then if rejected pay up for the Boutique on Hotwire.

Sorry to be so verbose, but those are my thoughts... feel free to ask questions or agree/disagree.

Oh yeah (did u think i forgot?)... Monaco is in the Central Business District (CBD).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]