Priceline Hotel: 3* LA-San Gabriel Valley (Pasadena) Hilton

cdn_shopper
By cdn_shopper,
in

I want to book a room in Pasadena on the 11th of November. Any of the hotels in Pasadena are fine. The rates for the Sheraton are $140 and I think in Hotwire they are about $95. The Westin is about $189 online and I would like to stay there. I am okay with any property in Pasadena (Hilton/Sheraton/Westin). I don't mind paying up to $90. If I check off ONLY Pasadena, there's no chance of being placed anywhere else is there?

thanks for your help. i have won some successful bids in the past but i am still new to some of this.

i bid last night on priceline for pasadena at $55 for nov. 11 and got rejected. i am willing to go up to $100. i guess i should have just bid way higher.

in the past i've been able to add rebid zones etc b/c i was trying for a four star and there were places that didn't have 4 stars. pasadena only has 3 stars and the other areas have the same. i don't want to add rebid zones or stars because i don't want to end up outside of pasadena.

so do i just have to wait this out? so i can rebid tonight again? or what should you think my game plan should be? would i be able to try and bid from my work computer? or with a different credit card?

suggestions for a semi-newbie.

Thanks for your advice. I'll definitely try to go for $80 next time. I guess I can always hold out since there's the Sheraton for $95 on Hotwire as a last resort. I think the Sheraton is $140 and the Westin is $190 on their own websites. My boyfriend is fine with paying $140 for a room but knowing I can save money I'd rather try on PL or HW.

Started my bids 2 nights ago at for 3 star Pasadena at $55. Got rejected. Then tried yesterday for $75. Got denied. Tried again tonight for $90.

Was accepted at the Hilton Pasadena. 1 Room. Total with tax: 109.55

Was hoping for the Westin but still happy with Hilton. On Expedia.com]Expedia rooms are going for $180. I'm happy.

Wasn't sure how to edit my top post to reflect my win. I don't think that the Hilton is listed on the pinned hotels for Priceline Pasadena.

Thanks for all your help everyone!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]