CA San Francisco Hotel Palomar

epicureangirl
By epicureangirl,
in

Spent one night at the Palomar Hotel on November 1st, rated as a 4 1/2* byHotwire. $113 plus taxes and fees.

The lobby is modern and open and gives a good first impression. This is a high-style hotel. I had faxed ahead to the concierge for some assistance, as we were celebrating a special occasion. The service was horrible in this regard. We didn't feel 'expected' and the girl doing the check-in wasn't as polished as I've grown accustomed to at Kimpton properties. I wondered if everyone was a 'trainee' at this hotel. If were doing the ratings at Hotwire, I'd knock off 1/2 a star for that reason alone.

The rooms were attractive, but I don't think they're comparable to the "W Hotels" (as others have compared it to on a travel review website). The rooms are small, but that's to be expected in San Fran. What I do like about this hotel, as with other Kimpton properties I've stayed in is the complimentary newspaper, wine reception and Aveda products are all standard. The location is excellent for walking to all the shops and restaurants of Union Square.

A Hotwire rate made me 'okay' with this choice, but if I were paying rack rates I'd choose to stay elsewhere. San Fran is a great hotel city and I think this property would do well to take as much care with their service as they do their decor. Other Kimpton properties in San Fran such as the fabulous new Argonaut and gorgeous Monaco would be my first choices as they've never failed to satisfy. I'm pretty sure both these hotels have been available on Hotwire and I would hold out for them in the future.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]