one way chicago-paris nov 17th

whenpigsfly
By whenpigsfly,
in

thanks for the response

I had seen that fare a couple of days ago on oritz and then it went away. I am avoiding air india because of a reputation from some of the travel sites for 1) cancelling lots of flights and leaving peopel hanging and 2) lack fo cleanliness on their planes. I think were going to switch to saturday and hop a codeshare on Airfrance out fo detroit price is right there and they a have a great reputation for good food and wine and cahmpagne even in coach!!

thanks

Found a couple of consolidators that only deal with travel agents and got an agent to write the ticket and charge for a very moderate upcharge

does anyone have any experience in dealing with air consolidators good ..bad...or ugly??

I have had good luck using one for flights to Korea.

The bad.

If a flight gets cancelled the airline will rebook you. They rebook based on status and fare class. If you have no staus and are flying on a low buget ticket your at the end of the line. If they have a lot of extra seats its not a problem. If most flights are full you may be stuck for some time.

When I fly Delta and something happens I do not go to the counter. I call Special Member Services (and they speack English) and I am rebooked, not placed on standby I get rebooked with a seat asignment. This happens while you are standing in line to get placed on standby.

As for airline review web sites including Trip Advisor. I do not place much faith in them. Earlier this year I flew on Royal Jordanian Airlines. The review sites trashed them. I was treated very well on the flights. The check in counter in Paris was a mess but so were a lot of others. Were they as good as Singapore Airlines? Not even close but Singapore Airlines is the beanch mark others are judged by.

I agree that one has to be careful about reviews that trash companies (someone always has an axe to grind) but when the overall a general consensus opinion it can be a good indicator. When reviews talk about people being stranded regularly and planes being cancelled I will look elsewhere.

I saw the 377 on saturday on united as well. Settled on a NWA conecting to airfrance for around $400. Better food complimentary champagne and wine and brand new airbus as opposed to older 767's. So it was worth a few bucks more.

Thanks to all

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]