Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (Millenium-Loop-Grant Park) Palmer House Hilton

Writer
By Writer,
in

Used SB link.

Started at 55, 60, 70, 75, 85, 95, tried again which said 105 had little chance of being accepted -- didn't do that on Safari -- so I bumped it to 110.

Palmer House Hilton

Check-In Date: Fri, Nov 17, 2006

Check-Out Date: Sun, Nov 19, 2006

$110 per night

Total after taxes: $262.53

Lowest price listed on Hilton's site is $170/night.

Parking is $30/night, which is a little steep ... any cheaper ideas?

Still, looks like a good deal.

The Millennium Park Lots (which I believe are about $18) are right nearby:

From the MP website:

"Underground parking is available directly beneath the park in three garages. The Grant Park North Underground garage is accessible directly from Michigan Avenue at Randolph and Madison streets. The Millennium Park Garage is accessible from Columbus Drive between Randolph and Monroe Streets. The Monroe Street Garage is also accessible from Columbus Drive between Randolph and Monroe Streets. Direct pedestrian access is located at many points around the entire park. The underground pedway system, which connects to the CTA and Metra, has been extended from Michigan Avenue to the lower level of Randolph Street. For garage information please call 312.742.7644."

If you're staying around the downtown area, you probably will not need the car.

AaronJB -

Thanks for the info!!!

Always ignore the "low chance" message :)

Yeah, you're right. Just wanted to get this thing done.

BTW: Cheapest thing online that anyone in my union saw was $129/night and that was a Travelodge, so I'm coming in $19 under a night (the union will like that) and staying at a much nicer place (I like that) ... thanks in large part to what I've learned through this board!!!! :)

A couple of additional tips:

There's a CVS on the corner of Adams and State and there's another one essentially behind the hotel on Wabash. CVS would be a great choice for cheap snacks, toiletries or other necessities.

If you feel like a quick bite (breakfast/lunch/dinner) and don't feel like walking too far, there's a Corner Bakery (cornerbakery.com for menu/locations) essentially a few steps East of the hotel's main entrance - the address of the CB is 35 East Monroe.

Enjoy your stay! :)

• 1 month later...

Created a printout of my charges on Hilton's web site.

It lists the room rate at $106.00 per night.

So, I'm guessing Hilton charged Priceline $106 per night for the room and then Priceline passed it on to me for $110 per night plus whatever fees they tack into the final price.

Any thoughts?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]