Priceline Hotel: Unsuccessful Bid for Orange County (Disneyland)

lizzzys
By lizzzys,
in

Used savingsbarn.com link

Tried:

$40 - Disneyland (unsuccessful)

$45 - Dropped the last night (unsuccessful)

$47 - Added Anaheim Hills area (unsuccessful)

$55 - Added Mission Viejo area (unsuccessful)

$56 - Added Seal Beach area (unsuccessful)

$60 - Went back to adding just Anaheim Hills area & dropped the last night (unsuccessful)

What gives? Is there something going on that prices would be so high at that time in March? Do you think I will be more successful with these prices closer to the dates of travel?

Thanks,

liz

Thanks for trying your bids with the PRICELINE links at SavingsBarn.com :)

The Hyatt is sold-out for these dates and rates at the Doubletree and Crowne Plaza are a bit higher than ususal. Given the length of time before your stay i'd book a cancellable back-up and continue to try bidding on priceline and/or checking HOTWIRE.

HOTWIRE does have a 3* for $71 and a 3.5* for $92, but didn't try to identify them as i didn't know if you would consider these and want to go that high this early before your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you, I would like help identifying the 3.5 star hotel mentioned.

An interesting thing to note.... I went through HOTWIRE to look at these deals myself and at first I told the site that I was traveling with 1 adult, 3 children. It did not return the 3.5 star hotel for $93. I went back and put just 2 adults travelling and the $93 hotel appeared. Does this mean that I will not be able to get 2 queens (because I am traveling with 3 kids!)

Any opinions on which hotel I should make the cancellable reservation at? Do they all allow this if you reserve at the rack rate?

I did go back in the posts to last year and although my exact dates were not posted, I see that some people were getting deals on 3 star hotels like Doubletree and Hyatt for around the $50 mark. That would really help this single mom (and her mastercard!) out!

Thanks for your patience with this relative newby :)

Liz

PS. I would also like identifying the 3* hotel that lists a rate of $117 per night (I think it's the crowne plaza?)

Priceline only guarantees that the room will accomodate double occupancy, HOTWIRE allows you to search up to quad occupancy and will guarantee sleeping accomodations for as many people you search for. If you priceline or for more than double occupancy, or HOTWIRE for more than the number of occupants you searched for, it is up to the hotel's descretion. Your chances are better in a disney family oriented area than say a major metropolitan area such as NYC, Chicago, or San Francisco, but there is still some risk in doing so. For a further discusion and more info, see the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

If you'd still like to consider Hotwire for less than the true occupancy, please do a HOTWIRE search and list the zone each hotel is in and the amenities associated with each... i didn't write them down from my search yesterday, although i seem to recall one was in the Disneyland North zone and the other was in the Disneyland South zone, if i recall correctly.

You can use our BetterChecker to search for refundable rates... the hotel websites, EasyClickTravel, and Quickbook (<-- "pay when you stay" rates, not "pre-pay" rates) are good sources to search for refundable rates.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

This time last year, i was in the same shoes trying to bid for a hotel in orange county. As i was getting desperate, i went all the way to $75 and was given the Holiday Inn in Anaheim for three days. I still had two days left which I could either add extra nights or All these time Hyatt was booked up even thru their website. Three weeks to xmas I then saw a lot of people getting the hyatt for $39 per night, someone said they must have suddenly had lot of rooms cancelled at short notice, and are therefore giving it out for almost nothing. i then bid again and got the hyatt. As the Hyatt is such a beautiful hotel we added two extra nights. The holiday inn is not a nice hotel and very dirty, it was a relief when we got to the Hyatt.

Good Luck. You can still continue to bid up until December.

Thanks for your reply Jessica.

We're actually coming during the early part of March, so I assume it is spring break that has people booking rooms like mad. Hopefully the same thing will happen and things will open up closer to my dates. I am a bit panicked but I was able to book the Doubletree at $129 per night (cancellable, for backup) during the dates in March just in case.

I'll keep checking both priceline and hotwire for deals closer to then.

Good to know about the Holiday Inn.... I passed on a package deal with a local travel agent and that's where we would have been staying :) Yikes!

Liz

Do you think it would be possible to separate the Orange County - Disneyland listings to two categories... North and South Disneyland (or even further into the Yorba Linda etc. areas?) I believe this would be a lot more helpful in identifying hotels on Hotwire.

Sorry if this has already been talked about.

Liz

Thank you for that info. I've actually switched my cancellable reservation from the Doubletree to the Candy Cane at an AAA rate of $109 for 4 nights, $119 for one night, and $139 for two nights. I've read a bunch of fantastic trip reports and reviews on the hotel, and with it's close proximity to DL as well as it's exclusive shuttle service and extensive continental breakfast I've justified the price if I do end up staying there. I'm still going to try to find something less expensive through Priceline closer to my date of departure, but I feel good about the CC for backup. I'll be watching the board closely in the meantime :)

Thanks for all the great help and suggestions!

Liz

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]