CA Los Angeles Pasadena Sheraton

KathyWdrf
By KathyWdrf,
in

Had a fine stay, as I expected. After my two nights at $49 on Hotwire, I had three nights here at $66/night + tax. This was a special "three nights for the price of two" limited-availability deal offered on http://www.spg.com that required booking/payment using a MasterCard. (I had tried to book all five nights at a similar special rate but there was no availability, so I went with the three weekend nights @ $66, then took my chances on the other two nights with Hotwire; got lucky and got the same hotel, so didn't have to move!)

I kept the same room througout the five nights. I had a king-bed room on the fifth floor. Note that the shape of this hotel (which is five stories high) tapers, and thus the higher-floor rooms are smaller than those on the lower floors. The second-floor rooms have step-out balconies as well.

The stay was uneventful, EXCEPT for a small fire in one of the other fifth-floor rooms! I've experienced many fire alarms (in hotels and other places), and this was the first time it turned out NOT to be a false alarm. Luckily, my room was far from the affected room and therefore suffered no damage (no squishy carpeting from the firefighting water or foam, nor any smoke damage). The hotel was busily repairing the damage, removing furniture and stripping wallpaper, carpet, etc., in an effort to prepare the room for the busiest, highest-occupancy time of year, the New Year/Rose Bowl/Rose Parade.

The fire MAY have been caused by a faulty heater. I NEVER left my heater on while out of the room or asleep. (The comforter on the bed is thick and warm, so a slightly chilly room was no problem.) I suggest you follow suit if you stay here!!!

Kathy

The above review was originally in the thread about my purchase on Hotwire. Since the administrator moved the post here, I'd like to add the following information for the sake of completeness:

Hotwire 3.5* Los Angeles (Pasadena) Sheraton, 12/24-12/26/2003 $49

Amenities: Restaurant, Pool, Fitness Center, Business Center, Tennis, Self-service Laundry

Price per night $49 x 2 nights + $20.95 taxes and booking fees = $118.95 total. Purchased on 12/16/2003.

Kathy

• 5 years later...

We recently stayed here. 2 rooms -- 1 King room with a nice view overlooking the outdoor pool and 1 two double bed room with a plain-jane view.

Overall, we were very pleased especially considering we paid $74/night+tax (average cost of the two rooms) thru a promo and with coupon on Expedia.

Relatives normally stay at the Westin and they said while the Sheraton is not quite as nice as the Westin, the location is even better and the value is much greater.

Overall, staff were very friendly throughout the hotel. I was nervous since we had booked a very low rate thru Expedia, but we were treated nicely throughout our stay.

Rooms were clean. Only issue with 1 room was 1 wand to close the drapes had fallen off. We did not mention this. The HVAC unit in the other room was not blowing cold enough air even with the digital thermostat set down to 70F. The maintenance man arrived promptly after we called the front desk and just as quickly fixed the issue (something to do with a shorted-out relay switch).

Beds and bedding very comfortable.

Starbucks coffee in room was an unexpectedly nice touch.

Fridge in room came in very handy.

Nice outdoor pool. Not huge, but plenty big for the kids and 2-3 dozen sunbathers. No hot tub was a bit of a drawback, but not a big deal for us.

We did not eat at the restaurant at all so I cannot comment on it.

Two nice newer Dell XPS desktop computers at the Sheraton Link. Wish in-room internet was free, but these machines were never busy so we used them instead of paying for in-room internet. I was told there are 3 more computers available in the business center.

Nice newer bathroom. On the small side, but very adequate.

The room with 2 double beds was much larger than we expected -- noticeably larger than the king room. The king room was decent sized.

Parking was fine -- would have liked free parking but we had no problems finding a spot in the attached convention center underground parking deck. $13/day including taxes.

The fitness center had decent equipment (higher-end elipticals/treadmills) although with the nice weather I didn't try it out.

Overall, we really enjoyed our stay here and would come back again. Very good value for Pasadena area.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]