Hotwire Hotel: Resort Phoenix (North) Hilton Tapatio Cliffs

lisasc
By lisasc,
in

I am thinking Hilton Tapatio Cliffs for this one as it does come up in the packages as a 4.5*. But, the Phoenix Inner comment makes me wonder if it is:

Central Phoenix (Phoenix Inner) 4.5 *, 177.00, amenities - Resort, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness Center, Business Center, Golf nearby, Tennis Nearby, Spa

Customer Comments:

The hotel was clean, and the room was nice and spacious. The hotel staff was pleasant and very helpful. I would stay here again in the future.

Would you stay again? Yes

Overall value: 5

Room Comfort: 5

Service: 5

Scale: 1-lowest 5-highest

Beautiful facilities! The place is much bigger than expected and the amenities were A+!

Length of stay: 1 day

Would you stay again? Yes

Overall value: 5

Room Comfort: 5

Service: 5

Scale: 1-lowest 5-highest

This is a very nice hotel. It is definitely one of the nicest hotels in the Phoenix area. We have stayed before and will stay again.

What are the date(s) you're using for this search?

Have you compared your findings to the HOTWIRE HOTEL LIST?

Be sure to view the entire thread of the above link. Also, since you only listed 8 amenities in your post, be sure to click on the "View Hotel Details/Amenities" on your Hotwire search to make sure you are seeing all of them (as per: 8 Hotwire Amenity Icons)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

This looks like the point south mountain to me but when the point comes up the customer favorite says something about it being a suite.So I dont think its the point.Also the point is in phoenix but I dont know what area it comes up in on hotwire.It does come up as a option in the packages for your dates,so go figure.

Sorry i coudln't reply sooner but have been traveling for a large part of the day.

I'm going to guess the Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort.

There are a lot of resorts in this area, but this seems to be a good match as far as the Customer Comments which include the mention of: a patio, separate sitting area, and landscaped grounds.

The comments i'm seeing for this property are entirely different than the ones you posted (as well as the one that bbbb is looking for), but i have seen many times where there are a variety of comments for the same property and they are rotated s that you see any combination of comments for your given search.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the info. I currenty have reservations at Hilton Squaw Peak for 215.00 per night so this could be it as it looks to have the same amenities; the price difference isn't a lot but some. I noticed different comments tonight - it makes sense if they rotate to keep you guessing :-). I have also tried Priceline resort only bids up to 85.00 for North Phoenix zone (per Priceline) and haven't been successful. I'm not set on the Hilton Squaw Peak - just want a decent resort with a good pool for my 10 year old. Last year I used Priceline and got the Scottsdale Raddison Resort in Scottsdale - it was OK but the pool was freezing as it wasn't heated. And the resort seemed dated.

I'll keep my eye on it for the next week or so and will also continue to bid priceline.

• 3 weeks later...

I was looking at both Hotwire and Priceline to book my Feb trip. I already had a room reserved at Hilton Squaw Peak for 219.00 and wanted something of equal quality. I saw a hotel in Phoenix for 177.00 on Hotwire that could have been either the Hilton Tapatio or Hilton Squaw Peak. I thought about it but decided to give Priceline a try. I set my upper limit with Priceline at 100.00 - started bidding at 65.00, added free re-bids and still no go - kept my bidding to Resort level in Central Phoenix only. After my 72 hours expired about a week and a half ago, I gave it a try again but started a little higher - I believe about 80.00. I added free rebids and decided I would stop at 100.00. When I did my 100.00 bid, I got the Hilton Tapatio Cliffs. I was charged an additional 60.00 over an above this for tax and service fees. I do know resort fees will be additional and charged when I stay though I've heard you can negotiate not paying the resort fee directly with the Tapatio. My dates are Feb 18 - 22.

Net net, I saved myself just over 400.00 total and am pleased. I used Priceline last Feb for Phoenix and included Scottsdale and North Scottsdale - got the Radisson Resort and Spa for 60.00. It was fairly nice but we were looking for something differnt this year and hoping for a nicer pool than the Radisson.

I do have a 10 year old son and he'll be glad to know about the water slide. The Raddison didn't have one and the water was really cold in their pool so we didn't spend a lot of time swimming. Our goal this year was to get a place with a nicer pool and water amenities such as a slide.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]