Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco USW 10/21/06 $105 rejected

OClady
By OClady,
in

I am new at this. I bid USW $88 & rejected. Added USE & re-bid $96 & rejected. Added Boutique & re-bid $105 & rejected. I wanted to get Parc 55 or Marriott. I think there is a marthon going on that week-end. Should I go to Hotwire or wait & start over? I am willing to go to $125.

HOTWIRE doesn't show any availaibility in the USE or USW zones for the above date (nor in the Fisherman Wharf zone) and the 3-4 hotels i checked thru direct means (using our BetterChecker were all sold-out.

Quikbook has some hotels in the area within your price range, but i didn't recognize the names so i assume they're small, independents, of varying quality. The least expensive name i recognized was the Argent for $189/nite, but there are others in the $100-$125 price range which you can research to see if any of them will be sufficient for your needs.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I tried again for a 4* in both USW & USE & Boutique going up to $170 with no luck. Changed to 3* in same areas & bid $150 but still rejected. I thought I might get 3* Marriott Courtyard downtown as it showed up on lastminute.com for $199. Can I rebid in 24 hours or should I just give up because all rooms are booked?

Did you book a back-up anywhere?

I couldn't get the rate you mentioned above for the courtyard to appear, is it still available? Earlier in this thread i suggested some very good rates that were fully cancellable available thru Quickbook (for better quality and less money than the Courtyard)... i assume you didn't book any as a back-up?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]