Priceline Hotel: Need Help - Brooklyn 11/4 (with NJ option)

SteveinPhilly1
By SteveinPhilly1,
in

Hi! We need a hotel in Brooklyn for one night November 4th. We'll settle for a 2 star if need be. But Bklyn has very few hotels and the cheapest I can find anywhere is $159. We'd really like to be under $100. before taxes.

Think this is possible?

I looked at other options which might be to stay in Jersey City, NJ which is about 12 miles away and might have good rates on a Saturday night. There I'd like to keep under $90. for a 3 star or $75.00 for a 2 star. It seems closer than trying to stay in Lower Manhattan for similar hotels.

I'll really have one shot tomorrow (Saturday) and then not for a week as I'm going away.

Any suggestion on Bklyn? If not should I post Jersey City question separately?

Thanks! I always bid according to your request

At the 3* level you have 2 re-bid zones, at the 2.5* level you have one re-bid zone, and none at the 2* level. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* Brooklyn...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 2.5* Brooklyn...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 2* Brooklyn...

Bid $90.

The first two cycles are a stretch, but i'm hoping you might win the DAYS INN on your 2* bid . If you want to stretch your budget a bit you can book the Days Inn HERE for $135/nite.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

From Priceline Re-Bidding Explained:

The way to check what star levels are available in each zone is to open a Priceline page, check ONLY the zone you are inquiring about, and then proceed to the next page (as if you were going to select a zone)... this will give you the available star ratings in that area. You can then hit BACK on your browser, uncheck the current box, check the next box, and repeat the process. It is important to do this before EACH attempt at adding a zone that you really don't want, as new hotels can be added and the star ratings can change at any time. (NOTE: for most users Priceline has updated their interface making the above process easier... simply check a zone and note the highest star rating available within each zone, UNcheck that zone and checkmark the next zone, repeating the process)

We encourage you to confirm your re-bid zones with the board before bidding OR ask additional questions if the above is still confusing and we'll explain further.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks! Okat BEFORE I bid, I better reconfirm my plan:

Select 3* Brooklyn...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone... It was rejected at $80. I will add Long Island City which only has 2*s and increase to $90.

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone... I will add Elmhurst Corona which only has 2.5* max and bid $100.

Okay, I then close browser and start again

Select 2.5* Brooklyn... OKAY

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone... THIS time I'll ONLY add Long Island City which only has 2 * and bid $100

And lastly Close Browser and enter Bklyn 2* at $90.

Am I on right track? Thanks!

Steve

• 2 months later...

I wanted to follow up on this one. Because of the Marathon in NYC I wan't able to get anywhere near the $125.00 on line price I got from a new HOJO in Brooklyn. Nearest price anywhere was $150.00. And when I tried to match the price on Priceline, (backing out the Priceline "service charge") I was rejected for that date.

So we stated at the HOJOS which was perfectly satisfying. Brroklyn really needs some hotels!

But, as always, I appreciate your help.

Steve

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]