in

Your Offer Price: $85.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 4

Subtotal: $340.00

Taxes and

Service Fees: $58.42

Total Charges: $398.42

Tried $90 for 4* with MW, ME, MS, UM-CPS, than tried $75, with MW, ME, MS, UM-CPS - added UWS and bid $85. UWS has no 3* hotels listed, so took a chance with that.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Thanks for posting and sharing your winning bid with us (and the rejected bids as well). I assume when you switched to $75 is when you lowered your star level to 3*?

By adding the UWS to your bid you utilized a re-bid, which is adding a zone that only offers star levels lower (and not equal to) the zone you are bidding. If you used our lists to see what zones only offered 2.5* bidding and less, then that's the wrong way to do it. The right way to do it is to select a zone on Priceline's screen, click NEXT and see what's offered, then hit BACK on your browser, UNselect the current zone, select the next one and repeat the process. This is all explained in more detail here: PRICELINE TIPS: Bidding Again Before 72 hours.

(forgive me if you already know this, but i add it for any 'newbies' that may be following along)

If you have any questions about the process feel free to ask.

Since you'll be in NYC, you also may want to check out this DINNER DEAL if you haven't seen it already (the places mentioned generally are NOT cheap, but with the discount represent an excellent value).

Enjoy! and thanks again for posting.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You are correct, I swithched to $75 when I lowered the star level to 3*.

I learned about this site quite recently and am happy that there is now more than one major resource on the web for bidding info. I am also double posting my bidding results on the other site as well so more people can benefit from my bidding.

Thanks for the dinner link, will pass it on to my cousin who is taking the trip. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]