Hotwire Hotel: 3* Ft Lauderdale (Beach) Sheraton Yankee Trader

Pelle31
By Pelle31,
in

• 2 weeks later...

Watch out!

Made reservations for Jan 12, one night. Fort Lauderdale beach, 3* Same discription & ammenities for a total of $164. ($143 + tax).

Turned out to be Holiday Inn Lauderdale by The Sea-N Bch in Lauderdale by the sea. . Checked out reviews...what a dive! Yellow water and the rooms stink with meldew, paint peeling, rundown neighborhood, etc....

Hotel rate was only $18 more than Hotwire. (average rate was posted at $259!)

Spoke to supervisor at Hotwire, reservations cancelled and will be refunded.

Have to commend Hotwire for cooperating...but feel the the hotel shouldn't have even been offered!

• 3 months later...

I apologize for the error. More than likely, I inadvertently listed kitchenette and laundry when I should have posted it as business center and internet access. I did purchase the Sheraton Yankee Trader via Hotwire for the dates listed (November 29-December 6, 2006) at the rate of $92.

I think the proper hotel features should be: Near Beach, Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, High-speed Internet Access.

If the mods want to pull this thread so not to cause further confusion, please do so. Apologies sent.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]